Is Your Car Deadly?

Is Car Deadly - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 18th Mar, 2005 - 10:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2005 - 11:02am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Is Your Car Deadly?

EDITORIAL: STYLE AND SAFETY IN AMERICA

Automobiles have been in the news as of late. Studies have shown that several SUV's are among the deadliest on the road because of their tendency to roll-over. Several small cars were given low grades for safety by the insurance industry because of side-impact vulnerability.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...19107%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2005 - 8:04am / Post ID: #

Is Your Car Deadly?
A Friend

Deadly Car Is

The bad safety rating are one reason that I will not drive an SUV. Besides the fact that they are gas guzzlers and are harder to control, they are almost all top heavy. I wonder why they are considered off road vehicles when they are so top heavy. I drive a Dodge Caravan, which has a 4 star safety rating. Driving this also lowers my insurance because of the rating. I have to think SUV's raise your car insurance rates.

18th Mar, 2005 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Is Your Car Deadly? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I promised myself a long time ago that I would never buy a mini-van. I have an SUV and I can't complain too much about the gas mileage. Plus, up here in the MidWest, the 4x4 comes in very handy during the winter time. As for rollover issues, my understanding is that the highest risk is when you lose control of the vehicle at high speeds. I haven't heard of too many recent incidents where SUV's were involved in a roll over but that could also mean that these incidents are not making the news.

> TOPIC: Is Your Car Deadly?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,