[party Order] The Rescue - Page 9 of 11

Mud: "All this fighting makes me hungry," - Page 9 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 21st Jun, 2005 - 11:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 11 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Closed
11th Jun, 2005 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

[party Order] The Rescue - Page 9

Joe and Sabina go to the market to look for Jershom.

We need to know what time of day it is in order to make plans about leaving town.

Sponsored Links:
13th Jun, 2005 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

Rescue Order party

We double up on horses. Joe has Sidraul on his horse. Mud has Ramer, and Sabina has Kiro. To begin with, Kron will scout about 100 yards ahead of the group. Every hour, we will change, with Sabina, then Mud, then Joe each taking a turn as scout, and trading their passengers off. This gives the horses a chance to rest a little bit.

We will travel for 5 to 6 hours, with the last hour or so spent looking for a good place to camp. A good camping place is someplace easily defendable and preferably at least somewhat hidden. A thick grove of trees near a steep hill, a bare knob, etc. We will not camp out in the open.

Once we find a good place to camp, we will then determine what we will do next, based on what the place is like.

We are heading in the SE direction, towards the pass into Hordeland. While we are doubled up, we are still only going at a fast walk for the horses. About every hour or so, whenever we find a stream or pond, we will water the horses, after first checking to see if the water is safe, and we have a good field of vision so that we can't be ambushed.

We are looking for any sign of brigands or bandits in the area. If we see any local people, Sabina will talk to them to find out any news about bandit activity. Whenever Sabina is talking to someone in such a situation, Joe will fade quietly away to the back of the group, with his bow prepared, watching the rear.

All other members of the party in such a situation will watch other directions, again to make sure that we aren't ambushed.

With only 4 horses, we will not keep a formal order of advancement. Whoever is at the rear at any time throughout the day will watch the rear. When the countryside is open, the horses will walk side by side, and either Joe or Sabina, whichever is in the main group, will watch the rear.

17th Jun, 2005 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

[party Order] The Rescue RPG PBP Medieval World

Sidraul says: "Prepare your weapons friends! I thing someones or somethings are watching us, and I got the feeling they are not quite friendly."

Everyone starts to spread out, looking at the "lights" among the trees.

Joe tells everyone to form into a circle, so that all approaches are in sight, then asks Mud to build a fire using available materials.

As the circle quickly forms, it should be about 10' in diameter, leaving plenty of room for the fire, and for everyone to be able to use their weapons.

As long as there is no attack, Joe asks Sabina and Ramer to prepare their missile weapons. If there is time for them to prepare, Joe asks Sabina to shoot into one of the pairs of lights.

We are prepared to fight if necessary.

17th Jun, 2005 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Page 9 Rescue Order party

The Game Master says...

Couple of things...

1. So you dismount and hold your horses at the same time?
2. You are building a fire using what as fuel? Is someone going to gather sticks?

17th Jun, 2005 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Rescue Order party

As I was trying to go to sleep, I thought of these same things.

1. The horses need to be within the circle. Mud will be responsible to hold the horses, after the fire is built, if there is time and means to build the fire.

2. The fire should be made using sticks that are readily available in the clearing, if there are any within easy reach. Each person in the circle can kick or throw back towards the center any sticks that are near them.

18th Jun, 2005 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

[party Order] The Rescue

Sabina:
While striving to calm her horse, Sabina is led slightly off from the defensive circle. "Mud! Hold my horse so that I can get a torch lit!" She passes her horse's reins to Mud, and she finds in her saddle bag a torch and lights it.

Stepping forward toward the trees, Sabina begins shouting loudly and waving the torch, just below arm level, to swing the fire near the wolves' heads.

"Hai! Hai! Get going, ye beasts! Nothing here for you to eat, move along!" she shouts.

Sidraul:
"It's a good day to die" - said Sidraul, while he steps forward with his sword in his right hand and his dagger in the left - "good as any other day. I'm sure I can take care of some of these creatures."

Joe:
"Everyone try to stay together! Kiro, can you keep the horses under control? Mud, do you have a couple of the horses? Ramer and Kron, watch our backs. Sabina, if you could, light us a couple more torches! I think we are going to need them!"

We are trying to get into a semblance of order here. Joe and Sabina at each end of the front line, Sidraul in the middle.

Sabina:
Sabina nods to the darkness, unable to see Joe but hears his shout for aid. Over her shoulder, she calls, "Mud! Grab some more torches from me saddlebags, get them lit, if ye can, and hand them 'round. The others can hold the horses while ye do so -- hurry, boy!"

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 18th Jun, 2005 - 3:04am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Jun, 2005 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] Rescue - Page 9

Ramer:
sheating his sword and holding his axe Ramer quickly locates his pack and lights a torch. He spots Kiro, obviously no longer of this world and looks about to ensure the wolves do not approach again. He also looks about to see if he can spot the horses. "Let us ensure that the creatures and elements will not get to the body of Kiro, if need be we can bring his body back to town when we return from the bandits."

Sidraul, Ramer, and Joe stay in camp. Sidraul makes a fire, while Ramer and Joe watch over the camp, and Kiro's body.

Joe asks Sabina, and Kron to find the horses, Mud agrees to go as well. Joe urges all to stay together for mutual protection.

Joe:
"Let us skin the mangy wolves. Those skins will be worth something in the village."

"Sabina, Mud, and Kron, get the horses. I'll stay to help keep this campsite safe."

21st Jun, 2005 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] Rescue World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 9

Mud:
"All this fighting makes me hungry," says Mud, upon returning. "Let's eat!"

Joe:
"I don't like this place. I think we need to move to the west, through part of the night. Leave the wolves where they lay."

Ramer:
"I agree the smell of the dead wolves may only draw more here. I could skin these wolves rather quickly though if you like. If you have a place in mind that will make a good camp I am all for it, I do not want to fight wolves all night long."

RaulDrake:
"Friends, let me skin those wolfs ... I'm a butcher, remember!"

Ramer:
"Wolves should stay away from a lit fire, I think..., I will put out the torch if everyone wants me too. If we have time let's skin these wolves quick and be off"

Joe:
"I don't believe we have time to skin these things. We need to move - now. Ramer, help me put Kiro over my horse. First, let's wrap him in his own bedroll, to keep the blood off my saddle. Let's get going. Keep the torches lit until we have gotten to the edge of the forest. If the moon is bright enough, we should try to get an hour or two away.

"Also, everyone pick up a few branches as we go. There probably won't be much to burn out on the plains."

We will keep a torch lit until we get out of the forest. Then we need to know what the night is like on the plains. We are going to head generally southwest into the plains. If the night is clear, with sufficient moonlight, we will travel for another hour away from the forest, then set up camp. If the night is NOT clear, or no moonlight, or any other impediments, we will have to then make a decision about how we will progress.

We are heading towards the mountains somewhat to the east of Death's Mouth. We are attempting to be stealthy, using hidden camps, etc. So, we want to camp in a small hollow in the plains, if we can find one in the darkness.

+  « First of 11 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 

> TOPIC: [party Order] The Rescue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,