[party Order] The Rescue - Page 2 of 11

Daphne will purchase: 1 Herbs for disease - Page 2 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 16th Apr, 2005 - 2:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (11) »
Closed
26th Mar, 2005 - 4:17am / Post ID: #

[party Order] The Rescue - Page 2

Althea was so excited to be mapping the mysteries of Death's Mouth, it never occurred to her there would be danger so quickly within it's jaws. She grabs a stirrup to keep her horse from bolting, and pulls herself up off the ground. Using her horse as a shield, she looks quickly about for the source of the attack. The pain of her injured shoulder will cause her to be less than accurate and slow, nevertheless she will do her best to fight, if necessary. Pulling the offending arrow from her shoulder will have to wait.

"Who else is down or injured? Call out, friends, that we may know our own numbers! Either we've found those we seek, or we've trespassed another. Do we ride or fight?"

Joe looks around for some cover, edging as quickly as possible away from where the arrows appear to originate. He trys desperately to stay mounted, because he is not sure if he will be able to stand if he gets off the horse. If he can see any cover, he will get into it, and prepare his bow.

He is also trying to see where the arrows are coming from, as well as watching for attackers on foot.

"I'm hurt," he yells to Althea, "but get yourself under cover!"

Daphne is hurt but not greatly...she is very upset and angry and says "For Zeus! what the heck is going on?", she starts looking everywhere to see the direction of the arrows. She says to rest "We need to pull out from this place now! and look for a shelter...quick...get our herbs and potions and have a chance to heal our wounds before we continue...if we don't, we are dead meat for lions".

Kron yells to the rest of the party "Retreat! Ride in the direction of where Ice's horse went." All the while he is looking out for anyone who may be coming towards them on foot.

Sponsored Links:
27th Mar, 2005 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Rescue Order party

For lack of Party Leader #1 and #2, I will temporarily post in Party Order.

Smudge will be leaving town for four days (as of tomorrow) and has indicated he would like his character to "follow along" with the party. Here's his quote:

In general, I support going as far into Death's Mouth as needed, even if our health is risked. In other decidions, I'm with the majority

Daphne speaks low and rapidly to Mud who listens intently while watching the canyon for further attack: "Quickly, go down and throw some water to Joe to see if he wakes up; if he cannot, try to lift him into his horse. If you cannot, then we will have to move without him. Be quick about it! Althea and I will start shooting our arrows and use it as a shield to protect you. Don't take too long, if he does not react quickly, we will have to leave him behind. Let's ride our horses towards south as fast as possible. I'm an animal trainer, definitely I can get my horse to ride as as fast as possible, and hopefully your horses also will follow mine". Daphne nocks her first arrow and takes aim at the wall across the canyon. Althea prepares her bow also, gritting her teeth against the pain in her shoulder.

Althea and Daphne will shoot arrows across the canyon to create a "shield" while Mud tries to first wake Joe with water splashed on his face. If Joe awakes, he will remount his horse and ride south. If Joe does not regain consciousness, Mud will try to lift Joe onto his horse. If he is unable to lift him, Daphne will dismount and help Mud. Mud will take the reins from Joe's horse, remount his own horse, and ride south quickly, leading Joe's horse. Daphne and Althea will remount and ride south quickly.

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 27th Mar, 2005 - 12:09am

28th Mar, 2005 - 10:52am / Post ID: #

[party Order] The Rescue RPG PBP Medieval World

The group very quickly scans for an escape route. They will either flee east or west since they are already headed south and came from the north. IF there is an escape in both directions, the group will go east. They will ride until they are securely away from immediate danger of attack and then will stop to regroup and attend to each other's wounds.

Daphne looks from the distance the bandits approaching. She sees that there are more than 20 men and she thinks there is no way they can fight these men with two people down. Everyone looks confuse, like if they do not know what to do, so she says "My fellow friends, I do not know what you all want to do but I am running away, there is no way I am staying here to perish. Since I am an animal trainer, I definetly can get my horse to run as fast as I want to."

Althea shouts to Mud, "Hand over the reins to Joe's horse and ride hard after Daphne!" She wraps the reins around the pommel of her saddle, while talking rapidly to Ice and Kron. "I'll take Joe and we'll ride as quick as we can, but if we fall behind, you've got to keep going. Perhaps there is some honor among thieves, and they will have mercy on us. If so, I'll try to catch up with you at a later time. If not well..." She tilts her head in acknowledgement to the two warriors. "...perhaps we'll meet again in the Land of the Gods." Straightening in her saddle, Althea shouts in command to her horse and Joe's, gives her horse a firm kick in the withers and hangs on for dear life as both horses charge off after Daphne's swift steed -- already diminishing in the distance....

28th Mar, 2005 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Rescue Order party

Kron yells to the Ice "We must retreat to the North!"

The party will flee as quickly as their horses will allow to the North. It is their plan to keep fleeing until they come out of the pass (Death's Mouth) into the other side of the mountains. They will keep fleeing until they feel they have safely escaped the immediate risk of attack and then will seek some sort of shelter or safe place to rest and heal.

29th Mar, 2005 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

Rescue Order party

Daphne whispers in her horse's ear and says"Danger! let's get out of here!" she knows that by that command, the horse will run away from danger, get out of Death's mouth and possible be able to distract some of the bandits from hurting the rest of the group.

She starts riding as fast as the horse possible can towards the exit of Death's mouth, looking at her back at all times, in order to see if she has lost the bandits on her way out.

Daphne plans to make it run just outside Death's Mouth, if the bandits still follow her, then she is heading straight towards the village, and if during the trip, she loses them, then she will heading back to help, if possible.

Kron proclaims to the rest "I will head west towards greystalk forest! I am healthy and have provisions. I will be back in the Village this same day. If I am not, then peril has taken over me. Be safe my friends!"

Kron will head west to the forest then loop north towards the Village once he has shaken off the bandits. He will make his way to the village as soon as he has eaten and drank a bit, and fed his horse.

Ice will turn her horse sharply to the right when exiting the Mouth and use her war commands to have him make evading manuevers to become less a target. Since he is a war horse, it is hoped he has the strength and stamina to continue until after she makes it back to the village. If it becomes apparent that Ice will be overtaken, she will seek a tree or large stone from which to take shelter and will at least fire upon them to try to either delay the inevitable or convince them to go after someone else. Once she is clear of the bandits she will loop back to the North and head back to the village. If she witnesses any of her comrads in trouble she will try to assist them, but otherwise, she will try to get her horse safely back to the village.

In a fog of pain and weakness, Althea hears only the command to run, and something about scattering. She leans over and shouts in her horse's ear, "Git home!" and gives him an encouraging kick. Althea prays the horse will run for the Village, and that she has the strength to hold on.

Mud will come out of Death's mouth and make and head NorthWest, hoping to get to the village before being overtaken.

29th Mar, 2005 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] The Rescue

The Game Master says...

All players need to go to the Dice Page and look for 'Bandits Follow':

The percentage is out of 100. Players that score under 50% are pursued

Players that score under 30% are pursued by the majority of bandits

Ice will have a modifier of -10

Althea will have a modifier of -30

Mud will have a modifier of -30

Note: You will see that I rolled already for the number of bandits that are willing to follow you out of 20 and the result is 11.

GM: When everyone has rolled you will know the results and can modify your Party order if you wish or stay the same. In either case I will await instructions here.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Mar, 2005 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] Rescue - Page 2

Althea Rolled a 6
Mud rolled (rolled by Nighthawk in Smudge's absence) a 30
Kron rolled a 34
Daphne rolled a 58
Ice rolled a 32.

So, it appears everyone except for Daphne will be followed.

Ice will flee and decide what further action to take depending upon how many are following her. If only a few, she will not keep running if it is apparent she can't out run them. Instead, she will duck behind a tree or large rock for cover and shoot at them with her arrows as they approach her. She will aim at the bandits first, but if she misses them because of their fast rate of speed, she will shoot at the horses which are a larger target.

Kron will keep running until he gets to the Village, where he assumes the bandits will stop chasing, because they don't want to risk entering the village.

Since Mud is carring Joe, there isn't much he can do in a battle, so he will head directly for the village. after taking his turn out of Death's Mouth so that he is not right beside Daphne. He will drop Joe's backpack on the ground behind them. It is hoped that since the bandits don't know what is in it, they might stop and investigate it hoping to find something of value, which will give Joe and Mud time to get to the village safely.

Daphne will run at full speed with her horse in the direction of the village, she will keep turning her head to see how far the bandits are and what they are doing.

Althea, will just keep urging her horse on faster and faster, holding on as tightly as she can praying she gets to the village before she is over taken.

Reconcile Edited: funbikerchick on 30th Mar, 2005 - 2:32pm

16th Apr, 2005 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] Rescue World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 2

Daphne will purchase:
1 Herbs for disease
1 Poison Cure Potion
1 Snake Venom Flask

Left: 17 GP

Sabina will purhase:
Leather Armor
Helmet
Horse
Saddle
Blanket
Oats, 4 days
Oat bag
saddlebag
Healer's pouch
Healing herbs, 4 doses
Ointment for insects

Left 36 GP

Joe will purchase:
8 healing
2 herbs
1 Leather armor

Left 11 GP

Mud will purchase:
1 arrow
1 arrow holder

Left 12 GP

Ice will purchase:
Chain Armor
Herbs for Healing

Left 55 GP

Remi will purchase:
Scroll/case/ink/feather
Mess kit
Left 0 GP

The group is planning to spend as much time as necessary to full recover from their wounds. During the recovery period certain actions will be taken by various members to improve their capabilities for the upcoming adventure. I will list those here. Then once the recovery is complete we will make our purchases and head out of the village. The last portion of my post will cover the formation we will take with our new members.

Remi will be investigating around town to see if he can learn any information that will aid us in our pursuit of these bandits.

Malice after speaking goes out near a clearing and begins his normal routine and train his body with his axe and exercises to be able to keep up with the opponents that see a challenge in him. He will use the time the others need for healing to improve his warrior skills. After his daily training Malice goes into town to volunteer his services to the local blacksmith to keep his skills intact. After each high quality item that is produced he asks if he is allowed to engrave his name and the blacksmiths name on the item each time. He decides to pack his items he wishes to use in his pack and sets his weapon and armour near his pack, keeping them in sight at all times.

As Joe is healing, he works on training his horse to be able to recognize some basic verbal commands, as well as hands-free guidance (knees, bodyweight shifts, etc.) When it is time to leave, Joe will perform the following actions:

Wears leather armor
Puts cloak on over armor
Store 6 days rations in backpack
Store 2 sets of healing herbs in backpack
Store oats for horse in saddlebags
Store 5 days rations in saddlebags

Remi will tend to Mud's wounds with his herbs. Then, Remi will investigate the phases of the moons if possible to find out if the party shall happen on any dark night in the near future.

While the party members recuperate, heal, and rejuvenate, Sabina works daily on weapons practice -- including both her sword and sling, horse training, and studies about healing herbs.

In addition to recovering herself, Ice will tend to her horse so that he will be at full strength for the upcoming journey as well. Ice will wear her new plate armor, but pack her leather armor and bring it with her.

New formation:

We have six on horseback and three on foot.

Sabina and Ice will act as scouts initially. They will ride in front of the group about 1 mile ahead. They will look for the best trail to take keeping in mind food and water concerns for the horses and people. They will look for signs of others traveling that way and will be watchful for those around them. At the first sign of trouble they will hurry back to the group. When they come to a point where a decision needs to be made regarding direction, they will head back to the group and lead them to that point. Then they will head out again to scout.

Of the remaining party, Kron will be in the lead on his horse walking slowly with the group, with Daphne beside him, Then will walk Mailice, on the left, Remi in the middle, and Cyroc on the right, then Mud and Joe will be in the rear. Joe plans to walk his horse rather than ride it.

When we can only go single file, we will go Ice, Sabina, Kron, Daphne, Malice, Remi, Cyroc, Joe and Mud.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: [party Order] The Rescue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,