Terri Schiavo - Page 6 of 10

As I was out jogging earlier today, I came - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Apr, 2005 - 12:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Discuss  Terri Schiavo Feeding Tube Removed From Brain-damaged Woman
Post Date: 1st Apr, 2005 - 4:46am / Post ID: #

Terri Schiavo
A Friend

Terri Schiavo - Page 6

By her faith, she would have wanted last rites and last communion. To deny her that by which she lived and believed is a travesty of justice to her and all those who loved her save her husband who obviously didn't care. Did he have the legal right to pull her tube? Yes. Was it morally right? No. Its a shame that it had to end this way when others where willing to take over her care.

Sponsored Links:
1st Apr, 2005 - 11:27am / Post ID: #

Schiavo Terri

Actually, he did relent and allow her to receive Communion on Easter. I believe that Last Rites were offered at the same time.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

1st Apr, 2005 - 11:41am / Post ID: #

Terri Schiavo History & Civil Business Politics

He didn't really allow it, it was a court decision and he did not have any option.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2005 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 6 Schiavo Terri

TERRI SCHIAVO AUTOPSY COMPLETED

The autopsy of Terri Schiavo has been completed, and the body is ready for
release to her husband, who plans to cremate her remains and bury the ashes in
an unspecified family plot.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/02/schiavo.ap/index.html

6th Apr, 2005 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Schiavo Terri

From WorldNetDaily.com

Death threats on judge lead to federal charges
Woman also said she'd harm Michael if Terri were to die

https://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=43668

A San Francisco woman was charged in federal court for a death threat against a judge and Michael Schiavo, husband of the brain-injured Florida woman who died Thursday after a court ordered removal of her feeding tube....

Dera Marie Jones, 32, issued the threat on an America Online message board related to the Schiavo case, wrote FBI Special Agent Christopher Sadlowski in an affidavit filed yesterday in U.S. District Court in San Francisco.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported Jones told FBI agents she was "just kidding."

Now, I know everyone is charged up over this case, and that there are a lot of emotions running high, but I think this is a bit over-the-top. Yes, it was foolish of this woman to go on a public Internet chat board and make such a statement, but I think it is a bit harsh to press charges in this case. Yes, I also understand that a threat was made against a judge, and with the recent court shootings and judge-related killings, everyone is on alert. No mention was made in the article of whether at least a background check was made on the woman to see if she had a criminal record or violent history. I might be completely out of line here, but I just think this was a rather rash decision.

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 6th Apr, 2005 - 11:29pm

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

6th Apr, 2005 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

Terri Schiavo

Well even though I agree with you Malexander regards to the authorities over-reacting, I think the woman deserves a little punishment for being so silly. I mean, with all respect to the sentiments we all have towards the case, to go on an internet forum and start making death threats to a federal judge! and other people knowing of the situation is pretty dumb in my opinion. Experience also have shown that people who make threats like that end up actually carrying them into reality, so we really do not know for sure whether she was "just kidding" or not...what can I say...I am not used to tell people I will kill them if they do not stop doing something rolleyes.gif I do not see anything funny about it.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Apr, 2005 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Terri Schiavo - Page 6

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the woman should have been released with no punishment. A fine and possibly a restraining order, in my opinion, would have been sufficient. I also agree that there is nothing comical about such a threat.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

10th Apr, 2005 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

Terri Schiavo Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

As I was out jogging earlier today, I came across an old man wearing hippie-style clothing and dreadlocks. He called out and got my attention. Not wanting to be impolite, and thinking he may have something insightful to say, I naturally went over and talked to him. Well, I was there for about an hour and a half talking about various things -this guy seemed somewhat paranoid of the government. Some of what the old timer said made a lot of sense. Though, he seemed pretty senile and paranoid, but I'd certainly not dismiss him entirely. Anyway, the Terri Shiavo case came up. This man claims that the Florida judges murdered Terri Shiavo. He said that he had found concrete information on the internet, including 41 affidavits from neural surgeons who stated that Terri Shiavo could be brought out of the 'vegetable' state. I wanted to know if this was true. I figured this would be as good a place as any to get valid information on the subject. So does anyone know much about this?

Of course, I'm reluctant to put much stock in things he said considering that he told me I had to be careful chatting on forums because of spies, and that the book "1984" isn't far from coming true. . . undecided.gif

Message Edited!
Farseer: I moved your post to the currently open topic regarding this subject.

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 10th Apr, 2005 - 12:21am

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Terri Schiavo

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,