Terri Schiavo - Page 7 of 10

CNN-Schiavo Well.. it seems to be true, that - Page 7 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Jun, 2005 - 5:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Discuss  Terri Schiavo Feeding Tube Removed From Brain-damaged Woman
10th Apr, 2005 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

Terri Schiavo - Page 7

As very, very many people on the side of Terri have said, not only is she not the only case like this, but she was really only a symptom of what is happening.
https://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43688

This is an article about a case that is happening right now in Georgia. From this article it is apparent that euthanasia is becoming a common practice around the US.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Sponsored Links:
16th Apr, 2005 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

Schiavo Terri

The Department of Children and Families said it found no evidence that Terri Schiavo had been abused or exploited by either side of her family after the legal battle surrounding her right-to-die case intensified, according to documents released under a court order Friday.

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7520417/

The article says they investigated 89 complaints some against the husband and some against the parents. The report indicated that they found Terry always well cared for at the hospice.

As far as the allegations of broken bones, here is what the article has to say about that:
The repeated allegations of abuse were based partly on bone scans showing Terri Schiavo suffered fractures and statements she made to family and friends that she was unhappy in her marriage.

Schiavo's husband has denied harming his wife. His lawyer said the fractures resulted from osteoporosis caused by the woman's years of immobility and complications of her medication.

While I think she was essentially murdered by having food and water removed from her, I remain unconvinced she suffered physical abuse and that this is why the husband wanted her to die.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2005 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Terri Schiavo
A Friend

Terri Schiavo History & Civil Business Politics

I would not have wanted to live 15 years in such physical and mental condition and therefore, would have been greatfull to be taken off a life support system. In my personal case, my Power of Attorney Agreement is very clear on this issue.

In the case of Terri Shiavo, I have mixed feelings. If it was her desire/wish I have no problems. If not, was it compassion or it murder? I tend to lean towards the side of "compassion" by letting Terri die in a non obstructive fashion. I would have considered it murder had a doctor given her an overdose of morphine lets say or any other drug to accelerate her dead. ie euthanasia

Reconcile Edited: MrB on 19th Apr, 2005 - 8:05pm

19th Apr, 2005 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Schiavo Terri

But there are a whole lot of problems with this "compassionate" murder. She was ONLY on a feeding tube. There was no other "life support" system for her. There was only hearsay evidence of her desires. No neurologists were able to examine her, except for the ones handpicked by her husband, to confirm the diagnosis. She was NOT dieing. Her parents claimed that she was capable of communicating with them, but nobody else was ever allowed to examine her.

I would MUCH rather be given a massive overdose of morphine than be denied food and water for three weeks. If it is such a compassionate way of ending someone's life, why don't we condone it as a form of capital punishment?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2005 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Schiavo Terri

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com)

A Catholic priest who prayed with Terri Schiavo and the Schindler family shortly before her death criticized Democratic Party chairman Howard Dean for saying his party will use the battle over Terri against Republicans in upcoming elections. "We're going to use Terri Schiavo later on," Dean told those at a weekend political dinner in Hollywood. "This is going to be an issue in 2006, and it's going to be an issue in 2008," Dean said. "Because we're going to have an ad with a picture of Tom DeLay saying, 'Do you want this guy to decide whether you die or not? Or is that going to be up to your loved ones?"
Ref. https://m1e.net/c?36058188-qsOWX4eq4wx/A%40...1-u1KTuPq1z6BgM

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2005 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

Terri Schiavo
A Friend

Terri Schiavo

I don't really have answers. The Terri Schiavo case raised a series of new questions that I must deal with. As previously stated, I would not have wanted to exist like Terri. On the other hand, I would not want to die like her, it was cruel and far from being passionate and like you, I agree, that a shot of morphine would have been preferred ( by me) But then, I have enormous difficulties accepting the idea of euthanasia and/or putting somebody out of his misery (ex: the Iraqis soldier)

Reconcile Edited: MrB on 20th Apr, 2005 - 2:47pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2005 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Terri Schiavo - Page 7

Terri Schiavo's Autopsy Results Expected Wednesday, Questions Remain

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Autopsy results of Terri Schiavo's 13-day starvation death will be made public on Wednesday. Her parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, hope they will be able to shed some light on the cause of her collapse in 1990. While Terri's estranged husband Michael and the media claim she collapsed because of a potassium imbalance, Terri's family is concerned that Michael may have physically abused her. A bone scan conducted on Terri a year after her collapse shows signs of possible physical abuse. The autopsy results come more than two months after her death and Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner Jon Thogmartin will present them at a Wednesday morning news conference. Attorneys for Michel and the Schindlers expect to get the report hours before it is made public. Terri's brother Bobby, in Minneapolis for the National Right to Life convention, said Terri's family is anxious to see whether the results provide any further indication as to what happened to Terri in 1990. "Our family would really like to know what caused Terri's collapse," Schindler said. "I don't know what they can and can't find 15 years after the fact. If we could get some of our questions answered as to how Terri ended up the way she did, that would be helpful." While the autopsy will not likely be able to show whether Terri was PVS or minimally conscious and able to interact, it would show whether or not Terri had broken bones that eventually healed.
Ref. https://m1e.net/c?36058188-MEHGJ/1wBB/XU%40...WNBCij7SDlJz%2e

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2005 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Terri Schiavo
A Friend

Terri Schiavo Politics Business Civil & History - Page 7

CNN-Schiavo

Well.. it seems to be true, that no Doctor or Therapist could have done anything to save this woman. I'm so glad this has come to an end, and I hope now, that future legal matters regarding patients in persistent vegetative states don't go to the extent that this case has gone through. This all happened right around the corner from where I live and to since it was so close to home, seeing the community's reaction throughout this entire ordeal for the last 15 years has really been quite the soap opera. I have encouraged everyone in my family to get their affairs in order, because I am not fighting against anyone's wishes as I wouldn't want them to fight over mine.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Terri Schiavo

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,