Terri Schiavo - Page 2 of 10

It makes me sick and I am praying in my heart - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 22nd Mar, 2005 - 5:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (10) »
Discuss  Terri Schiavo Feeding Tube Removed From Brain-damaged Woman
20th Mar, 2005 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Terri Schiavo - Page 2

I was researching more about this case and I found some interesting information:

1) Michael Schiavo has a history of domestic abuse with Terri and with other relationships he had. Dr. William Hammesfahr, Nobel prize nominee and neurologist testified that Terri’s neck injuries are consistent with only one type of injury: that of strangulation.

2) Regarding Terri’s care, according to Cindy Shook (Michael's ex-girlfriend), Michael Schiavo said:
"How the hell should I know we never spoke about this, my God I was only 25 years old. How the hell should I know? We were young. We never spoke of this." (Note: Michael says that they have previously discuss this issue with Terri and she said she did not want to be on tubes)

3) Nurses’ testimony: Heidi Law, Carla Sauer-Iyer, Carolyn Johnson have been ignored and dismissed without hearing; each testified that Michael was abusive to Terri and may have attempted to kill her by insulin injection and attempts to induce pneumonia by turning the thermostat in her room to 64 degrees.

4) Michael Baden, top forensic pathologist in country and interviewed on Fox News National Television broadcast October 25, 2003 on Terri’s bone scan and injuries states that:
a) Terri’s injuries are not consistent with a heart attack; no cardiac evidence to support it
b ) Extremely rare for potassium imbalance on woman her age and in her good health
c) Injuries are consistent with severe trauma possibly caused by a beating
d) The injuries in medical records warrant an immediate investigation

5) Michael Schiavo has also prevented Terri from undergoing a barium swallow test, a procedure necessary to ascertain the consistency of foods able to be taken by mouth.

6) Co-conspirator George J. Felos combined and conspired with Michael Schiavo to arrange for Terri's "free" stay at Hospice Woodside as part of an "exit protocol" designed to advance Felos' self-perceived messianic mission of "helping" incapacitated people to die by categorizing them as "terminal," warehousing them, and depriving them of therapy and rehabilitation services. (Attorney Felos is Director of Florida Right to Die and has testified that he can ascertain a person’s desire to die by “looking into their eyes and letting their spirit speak directly to him”)

7) Investigate Insurance company established in Jan 2001 at the home of Michael Schiavo and his girlfriend/fiancee Jody Centonze. (Jerger and Centonze Insurnace Agency Inc.) Michael is listed on the Board of Directors for the corporation. Note: Insurance is deliberately misspelled in the State of Florida Corporate filing, possibly to avoid investigation.

8) As Terri’s guardian, Michael Schiavo denied her family access to Terri’s records, the results of which were not made available until November, 2002. This scan indicated numerous broken bones in various stages of healing, including compressions fractures, a broken back, pelvis, ankle, bone bruises and ossifications.

https://hyscience.typepad.com/hyscience/200..._schiavo_1.html

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 20th Mar, 2005 - 8:32pm

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
20th Mar, 2005 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

Schiavo Terri

I had to really restrain myself in the posting of this message. But the one thing that I have to say is, I believe the man should immediately be put to death for the torturing, beating, and who knows what else she suffered at his hands! It just makes me sick.

You know, we wouldn't allow this type of treatment -- starving to death -- for an animal! The protesters would be out en masse! Where are the "Right to Lifers" now? The State of Florida has ordered the execution of an innocent victim, at the request of a sick man who tortured and beat her nearly to death.

It just makes me sick.

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 20th Mar, 2005 - 11:56pm

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

20th Mar, 2005 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

Terri Schiavo History & Civil Business Politics

Well Farseer, maybe there is hope still...let's pray God will have mercy upon her, this is the latest...

Senate passes Schiavo bill

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Senate unanimously passed legislation Sunday aimed at prolonging the life of Terri Schiavo, whose feeding tube was removed Friday under court order.

After House Democrats temporarily blocked a GOP-led effort earlier Sunday to pass such legislation unanimously, the House planned to reconvene at 9 p.m. Sunday for three hours of debate on the proposal.

After the Senate vote David Gibbs, a lawyer for the woman's percents, said: "It is still not done but we really believe that the prayers of the people across America, and the leadership of our Congress and our president, has demonstrated how wonderful it is to be part of the United States."

The House vote was set for 12:01 a.m. Monday...

https://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/03/20/schiavo/index.html

Pres. Bush is returning early to Washington to sign the legislation.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2005 - 4:33am / Post ID: #

Terri Schiavo
A Friend

Page 2 Schiavo Terri

Man, I really hope this bill passes. If she was on life support, it would be different to me. But she isn't, she is on a feeding tube. From my research of the issue, she can live if she eats, she may even be able to eat with out a tube. It will be a travesty of humanity if she is allowed to starve to death.

Her husband also has a large amount of money still coming to him after she dies too. I think that he should be investigated for what happened to her. If she ends up dying and they find that he was responsible, then he should be held accountable for murder.

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2005 - 10:15am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Schiavo Terri

BUSH SIGNS SCHIAVO BILL

Congress approved emergency legislation early today to let Terri Schiavo's parents ask a federal judge to prolong their daughter's life, capping days of emotional debate over who should decide life and death.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...20176%2C00.html

22nd Mar, 2005 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

Terri Schiavo

Well *sigh* It was not enough that the bill was passed and that Pres. Bush signed it...Terry's Schiavo feeding tube is not going to be reinstated:

Judge refuses to order Schiavo's feeding tube reinserted

AMPA, Florida (CNN) -- A federal judge in Florida has ruled that he will not order a feeding tube reinserted to Terri Schiavo, a brain-damaged woman who is the center of a national legal battle over her life.

The case likely will be appealed to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta, Georgia.

Schiavo has been without food or water since Friday, when her feeding tube was removed by a state judge who ruled that her husband has the right to decide her fate.

The ruling by U.S. District Judge James Whittemore came after Congress and President Bush enacted legislation aimed at allowing federal courts to review Schiavo's case.

On one side of the wrenching case is Michael Schiavo, Terri Schiavo's husband. He insists that his wife would never want to continue to live in her current condition -- what Florida courts have deemed a "persistent vegetative state."

People in a persistent vegetative state cannot think, speak or respond to commands and are not aware of their surroundings...

https://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/03/22/schiavo/index.html

I am not a doctor, but I do not understand why they keep saying she is on a "vegetative" state because she does breathe on her own and swallow in her own saliva (she never drools), the only reason she has not been fed by mouth as yet is because Terry's husband refuses to grant Terry's parents to do a test to see if she could actually swallow food.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Mar, 2005 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

Terri Schiavo - Page 2

I don't see that it matters if she is in a vegetative state or not. Denying someone food and water is not the same as denying extraordinary measures to keep someone alive. She isn't on a ventilator. She breaths on her own. She requires no machines to keep her alive. She is going to be starved to death.

There was another case in the news recently in Massachusetts similar. A women with Lou Gerhig's disease. Her family wanted her kept on a ventalator. The hospital went to court to get permission to remove the ventilator. They said it was cruel to keep her alive. I believe it was more they didn't want to spend the money to do it. The hospital won against the family's wishes! We are getting closer and closer to accepting euthanasia.

It is a matter of time before someone decides a child born with a particular disorder shouldn't be fed because they won't have a normal life. You just wait...

Reconcile Edited: funbikerchick on 22nd Mar, 2005 - 4:33pm

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

22nd Mar, 2005 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Terri Schiavo Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

It makes me sick and I am praying in my heart that God have mercy upon this woman that she may not only be able to have the tubes reinstated but also that the guardianship can go towards her parents.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Terri Schiavo

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,