Pope Benedict XVI - Page 6 of 7

Pope Benedict XVI made his last public appearance - Page 6 - Studies of Catholicism - Posted: 28th Feb, 2013 - 4:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 
The Next Pope... Pope Benedict XVI - his rise to power in the Catholic Church - discuss it here.
Post Date: 25th Dec, 2012 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

Pope Benedict XVI - Page 6

Pope Calls For Peace And Hope In Middle East
Religious Based News

Robert Siegel shares Christmas messages from the Pope and Queen Elizabeth.
Source: Religion

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Feb, 2013 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

XVI Benedict Pope

Pope Benedict will resign on February 28, his spokesman Father Federico Lombardi told CNN today. Lombardi did not give a reason for the resignation. Benedict, the 265th pope, is the sixth German to serve as pope and the first since the 11th century. He has led the church during a time in which the church is declining in his native Europe but expanding in Africa and Latin America. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2013 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Pope Benedict XVI Catholicism Studies

Pro-Life Pope Benedict XVI to Resign, Citing Poor Health Concerns

The Vatican says Pope Benedict XVI will resign on February 28, as the pro-life champion and leader of the Catholic Church cited health concerns as the reason for his departure.

The Associated Press indicates Pope Benedict XVI announced Monday he would step down because his health makes it too difficult for him to perform the duties, making him the first Catholic Church leader in more than 600 years to say he would be unable to continue in the position.

With the decision, AP indicates a new Pope would be elected before the end of March. The 85-year-old pope announced his decision in Latin during a meeting of Vatican cardinals on Monday morning.

He emphasized that carrying out the duties of being pope - the leader of more than a billion Roman Catholics worldwide - requires "both strength of mind and body."

"After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths due to an advanced age are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry," he told the cardinals. "I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiritual nature, must be carried out not only by words and deeds but no less with prayer and suffering. Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2013 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 XVI Benedict Pope

The Vatican says Pope Benedict XVI hit his head during his March 2012 trip, but denies it had any "Relevant" role in his resignation. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2013 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

XVI Benedict Pope

Pope 'following God's wishes'

Pope Benedict, speaking in his last Sunday address before becoming the first pope in some six centuries to step down, said he was following God's wishes and that he was not abandoning the Roman Catholic Church. Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2013 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

Pope Benedict XVI

'Pope Emeritus' Benedict XVI Will Wear White But Trade In Red Shoes
Religious Based News

Outgoing Benedict XVI will be referred to as "His Holiness" and carry the title of "pope emeritus," the Vatican says.
Source: Religion

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2013 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

Pope Benedict XVI - Page 6

Ten of thousands gathered in St. Peter's Square, Rome, Wednesday as Pope Benedict XVI gave his final general audience before making history by being the first pope to resign office since the Middle Ages. "I'd like to thank everybody for the help I have received," the pope said. He said that he has experienced both joyful and difficult moments as pope. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2013 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Pope Benedict XVI Studies Catholicism - Page 6

Pope Benedict XVI made his last public appearance as pontiff today at Italy's Castel Gandolfo, the seaside papal resort town where, starting tonight, Benedict will be in seclusion until his successor is chosen.

"Thank you for your friendship and for your affection," he told a cheering crowd as he spoke from a balcony. "I am no longer the pope."

Benedict announced February 11 that he would step down, becoming the first living pope to resign in 598 years.

Benedict, 85, said he was resigning because of his age. He has pledged "unconditional obedience" to the next pope, who the Vatican hopes to have in place in time for the week of services leading up to Easter Sunday on March 31

His sudden announcement led to speculation that his move was in some way linked to brewing scandals within the Church.

Benedict will eventually move to a small monastery within the Vatican grounds. Ref. BBC

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Pope Benedict XVI

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,