Mitt Romney - Page 15 of 32

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney led - Page 15 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Jan, 2011 - 11:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 32 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  ...Latest (32) »
Mitt Romney Quotes
USA Republican - Former Governor and contender for President of the USA
Post Date: 12th Oct, 2011 - 10:15am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mitt Romney - Page 15

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will endorse Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney at an event today in New Hampshire, multiple sources tell CNN.

Romney is currently the front-runner in the race for the GOP presidential nomination and the Christie endorsement comes the same day as a closely-watched debate in New Hampshire.

Christie announced last week that he would not seek the GOP nomination, despite mounting pressure from supporters and major funders urging him to run. Ref. CNN

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Oct, 2011 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Romney Mitt

GOP Debate: Romney shines

The GOP field is turning into sort of a Sophie's choice of candidates - but last night it appeared that Mitt Romney delivered a beat down of sorts to the field and was even able to defend RomneyCare fairly well. The rise of Herman Cain prompted him to be targeted - was he able to withstand the increased scrutiny? Glenn, Pat & Stu go over the debate highlights including Michele Bachmann's 6-6-6 slam on Herman Cain. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 19th Oct, 2011 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney History & Civil Business Politics

Romney gives Perry a debate beatdown

Rick Perry is great on a lot of issues - but immigration is not one of them. Whoever is advising Rick Perry should be fired for encouraging Perry to take on Romney over illegal immigration. Perry dug up the same claim from the 2008 campaign - the one that was thoroughly examined and dismissed. Perry doubled down on his mistake by trying to interrupt Romney as he explained it (again) -- and looked terrible in the process. Check out the clip and reaction on radio today Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 4th Nov, 2011 - 10:23am / Post ID: #

Page 15 Romney Mitt

Romney: Eliminate Taxpayer Funding for Planned Parenthood

Presidential candidate Mitt Romney has a new opinion column in USA Today in which he advocates numerous ways to balance the federal budget, one of which involves eliminate funding to Planned Parenthood.

Romney proposes repealing Obamacare - which pro-life groups virtually unanimously opposed because of concerns related to taxpayer funding of abortions, rationing issues, and lack of conscience protections for pro-life medical workers. He says that will save $95 billion in 2016.

The fourth item on Romney's list is one that will delight the pro-life voters he needs to secure the GOP nomination to face Obama: "Eliminate Title X family planning programs benefiting abortion groups like Planned Parenthood."

Romney previously pledged to de-fund the Planned Parenthood abortion business in October during his speech before the Values Voter Summit. Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2011 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

Romney Mitt

Romney Faces Attack From Planned Parenthood Abortion Biz

The Planned Parenthood abortion business is going after Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney again, this time with its president Cecile Richards penning an opinion column in Time magazine.

Richards is most upset that Romney has repeatedly called for revoking federal taxpayer funding for the abortion business, which she mischaracterizes as him supporting pulling the plug on all family planning programs.

"In a recent USA Today op-ed, he proudly vowed to end the nation's family planning program, also known as Title X," she complained. "The program, signed into law decades ago by Republican President Richard Nixon, provides preventive health care, such as birth control, lifesaving cancer screenings and well-women checkups to 5 million women each year. It's a program that consistently has bipartisan support because it saves lives, keeps women healthy, prevents unintended pregnancies and detects cancer early when it can best be treated."

Richards" column fails to mention that 96 percent of pregnant women who go to Planned Parenthood get abortions, or how a Planned Parenthood center in Texas told one pregnant teenager that it wouldn't provide her any medical care or support unless she was there to have an abortion. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2011 - 10:57am / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney

Romney Defends His Pro-Life Conversion During GOP Debate

During Thursday night's Republican debate, presidential candidate Mitt Romney was asked about his conversion from a pro-abortion to a pro-life position during the waning days of his administration as Massachusetts" governor.

"With regards to abortion, I changed my mind. With regards to abortion, I had the experience of coming in to office, running for governor, saying, you know, I"m going to keep the laws as they exist in the state," Romney said in response to a question from the Fox News panel. "And they were pro-choice laws, so effectively I was pro-choice."

Romney relayed again how confronting the issue of embryonic stem cell research and the purposeful creation and destruction of human embryos - unique human beings days after conception - prompted him to reconsider his position.

"Then I had a bill come to my desk that didn't just keep the laws as they were, but would have created new embryos for the purpose of destroying them. I studied it in some depth and concluded I simply could not sign on to take human life. I vetoed that bill," Romney said.

"I went to the - to the Boston Globe. I described for them why I am pro-life. Every decision I took as governor was taken on the side of life. I am firmly pro-life," he said. Ref. Source 6

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Dec, 2011 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney - Page 15

Joe Biden takes aim at Mitt Romney

Vice President Joe Biden unleashed a biting critique of Mitt Romney's policies Friday and the Republican came swiftly back at him - a full-contact preview of what the general election might look like should Romney win the GOP nomination to challenge President Barack Obama. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2011 - 11:09am / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney Politics Business Civil & History - Page 15

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney led the Des Moines Register Iowa poll released Saturday night, with Texas Rep. Ron Paul close behind and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum in third. Romney had 24%, Paul was at 22% and Santorum had 15% in the final major poll before Tuesday's Iowa caucuses.

The poll from the state's largest paper has a good track record; its poll released shortly before the 2008 Republican caucuses almost mirrored the outcome a few days later.

In 2008, the poll showed 32% of those surveyed supported Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who went on to get 34% of the vote in the caucuses and Romney, who finished second in the poll with 26%, got 25% in the caucuses.

The latest two major polls of Iowa Republicans were similar to the Register poll. An NBC/Marist poll released Friday showed Romney with 23% and Paul with 21%, and a CNN/Time/ORC International poll released Wednesday showed Romney and Paul statisti cally tied for the top spot, with 25% and 22%, respectively. Ref. CNN

> TOPIC: Mitt Romney

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,