Mitt Romney - Page 3 of 32

Romney is his own biggest campaign donor Mitt - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th Oct, 2007 - 2:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (32) »
Mitt Romney Quotes
USA Republican - Former Governor and contender for President of the USA
7th Aug, 2007 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney - Page 3

Well, Mr. Romney accepts he was wrong in the past about his position on Abortion and admitted he had a change of heart (as well as having a change of heart on the issue of "gay rights"). Now I wonder, how are US citizen going to be assured (those who do not approve abortion as an example) that once in power he is not going to have a change of heart on the issue again?

By Susan Milligan, Globe Staff  |  August 6, 2007

WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney yesterday called his onetime support for abortion rights his greatest personal and political mistake, and sought to reassure voters during a Republican presidential debate that he is a reliable and determined foe of abortion, an issue important to the party's religious conservatives.

The 90-minute debate was heavy with Republican attacks on Democrats for their antiwar views and approach to foreign policy. But Romney and former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani were on the defensive for their positions on abortion, underscoring the simmering trouble the issue poses for two of the leading candi dates in the nine-member GOP field.

Giuliani was alone in reiterating that abortion is a decision that a woman should make "with her conscience and, ultimately, with her doctor." And Romney insisted that he had undergone a change of heart during his tenure as Massachusetts governor, and now is staunchly opposed to abortion.

"I get tired of people that are holier-than-thou because they've been prolife longer than I have," Romney said, responding to what he called a "desperate" campaign by Senator Sam Brownback of Kansas to convince Iowa voters that Romney has flip-flopped on the volatile issue.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
7th Aug, 2007 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Romney Mitt

I think that it would be foolish for pro-lifers to disparage someone for coming to their side. Isn't that what they want people to do.

Why should we try to persuade people to be pro-life if later we are going to fault them for changing their mind. That does not make sense.

Would a Catholic rip into a convert because they used to baptist, or a mormon deride a new convert because they used to be buddist.

No, if someone has a change of heart, we should welcome anyone that wants to protect life.

If you look at his record he has been decidedly pro-life vetoing several bills that were pro-choice

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

7th Aug, 2007 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney History & Civil Business Politics

dbackers:

I think that it would be foolish for pro-lifers to disparage someone for coming to their side. Isn't that what they want people to do.

Why should we try to persuade people to be pro-life if later we are going to fault them for changing their mind. That does not make sense.

You are right but he is a US Presidential candidate. Huge difference.

I personally do not have a problem if he wants to believe or not in Abortion "rights". I understand his personal position and I agree his personal beliefs should not interfere with his work, nevertheless I am not keen about his changes, abortion is one topic and gay marriage is another (that he changed his mind on) Sound like a pancake flip-flop to me. He indeed endorsed the legalization of RU-486 (abortion pill).

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2007 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 3 Romney Mitt

Mitt Romney Defends Himself on Embryonic Stem Cell Research Stocks

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has commented on news that his investment portfolio contained stocks of two companies that engage in embryonic stem cell research. The former Massachusetts governor says he opposes the research because it destroys human life. Romney repeated the comments the manager of his blind trust investments and a top spokesman made to LifeNews.com. He said he has no control over the investments and that he can't be accused of being hypocritical because they contained the controversial stocks. "The trustee of the blind trust has said publicly that he will endeavor to make my investments conform to my positions and I have confidence that he will do that well," Romney said. "I did not direct any of my investments nor did I know of those investments" Romney added. Romney talked about how he placed his investments, valued at anywhere from $200-250 million, in a blind trust when he was elected governor so they would not influence his policy decisions.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/bio2202.html

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2007 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney
A Friend

Romney Mitt

Romney angrily denounced Senator Craig for his conduct. While Senator Craig was one of his strongest allies in the U.S. Senate, Romney is having no part of him. This article points out that it's a break from the norm for a political candidate to walk so fast away from a strong supporter.

Will this help or hurt Romney?

I say good for him. If you are running based on family values, you can have no part of this.

https://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmart..._under_bus.html

29th Aug, 2007 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney

In my opinion, it will definitely hurt him no matter how hard he tries to distance himself from Craig. Unfortunately, sleaze like this is hard to get away from, particularly during a campaign. The media are making such a big deal out of it, people won't easily or quickly forget that Mitt had Craig as a top supporter.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2007 - 11:21am / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney - Page 3

MITT'S WIFE DELIGHTS IN CAMPAIGN

All that many voters know about GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney is he's Mormon - something his wife, Ann, said she's trying to change by hitting the campaign trail herself.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,...09537,00.html

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2007 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Romney is his own biggest campaign donor

Mitt Romney once said financing his own campaign would be a "nightmare." Writing checks, he said this week, is "painful." It doesn't seem to be stopping him. Romney is his presidential campaign's most generous supporter, lending $17.5 million from his personal fortune so far. His Republican rivals are bracing themselves for him to do it again. And again.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071006/ap_po/romney_loans

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (32) »

> TOPIC: Mitt Romney

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,