Mitt Romney - Page 6 of 32

Romney presents contrasting styles The former - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 29th Dec, 2007 - 11:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 32 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (32) »
Mitt Romney Quotes
USA Republican - Former Governor and contender for President of the USA
13th Dec, 2007 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney - Page 6

Actually, it's the opposite... he did not want to talk about religion at all, but the media has been having a field day because he is a Mormon (emphasized by such people as Huckabee), a man belonging to a minority religious group that is relatively mysterious for most in the US.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
14th Dec, 2007 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Romney Mitt

QUOTE (arvhic @ 13-Dec 07, 6:12 PM)
His image consultant needs a wake up call.

Trust me, he is trying his best to separate the two but they won't let him. Politicians, journalists, people in general are literally obsessed over this guy being a LDS member.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2007 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mitt Romney History & Civil Business Politics

A Hispanic cleric criticizes Romney's stance on illegals

A Hispanic Evangelical leader says Mitt Romney's hard-line stance on illegal immigration has forced other presidential candidates to take a harder line and will make it harder for Republican candidates to court Hispanic voters.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695237046,00.html

18th Dec, 2007 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Romney Mitt

Luis Cortez needs a reality check. He is expecting Romney and other candidates to support illegal immigration in order to get votes from the Hispanic-American population? Whoever thinks that being against illegal immigration equals being anti-Hispanic is wrong in my opinion. I am not denying that there are people who mix the two but I do not think any honest candidate should support illegal immigration.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

19th Dec, 2007 - 4:27am / Post ID: #

Romney Mitt

I don't see how a presidential candidate can say they support breaking federal immigration laws and expect to win the vote. Romney is not stoking the fire, he's stating his stand on this very volatile issue. Mr. Cortes is the one stoking the fire by making "inflammatory" remarks (yes, the pun can't be helped).

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2007 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney

Photo Shows Mitt Romney at Planned Parenthood Abortion Fundraiser in 1994

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is taking flak over a new photo that shows him attending a 1994 fundraiser for Planned Parenthood. The photo comes after statements Romney and his wife made during the election that they don't recall making a $150 donation to the abortion business. ABC News featured the picture on its web site Tuesday showing Mitt and Ann Romney standing with local abortion advocates, including Nicki Nichols Gamble, the former president and CEO of the Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts. Gamble told ABC that the event was a fundraising house party in June 1994, when Romney was involved in a bitter battle to defeat pro-abortion Sen. Ted Kennedy. It was at that event that Ann Romney wrote a check to the pro-abortion group on the Romney's joint checking account, Gamble indicated. Romney campaign spokesman Kevin Madden told ABC News what he has said on previous occasions -- that the Romneys don't recall the circumstances of the donation from 13 years ago. "As Mrs. Romney has stated previously, she is unfamiliar with the circumstances of a check she wrote close to 14 years ago," Madden said. "During his campaign for U.S. Senate in 1994, it would not have been out of the ordinary for the governor to have attended an event, out of the hundreds that any candidate would attend during a campaign season, which involved a voter coalition and also have his wife accompanying him," he added. Madden said the important point for the purposes of the 2008 presidential election is that Mitt Romney is now pro-life.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3549.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Dec, 2007 - 10:49am / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney - Page 6

Former Pro-Life Supreme Court Nominee Robert Bork Endorses Mitt Romney

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Mitt Romney picked up an important endorsement this week when former Supreme Court nominee Robert Bork said he supported the former governor. Bork became a celebrity among pro-life groups in the 1980s when abortion advocates in the Senate defeated his nomination. "Throughout my career, I have had the honor of serving under several Presidents and am proud to make today's endorsement," Bork said in a statement the Romney campaign supplied LifeNews.com. "No other candidate will do more to advance the conservative judicial movement than Governor Mitt Romney," Bork added. "He knows firsthand how the judicial branch can profoundly affect the future course of a state and a nation." Bork said Romney's leadership as president would serve "as a model to the nation on how to respect all of our citizens while respecting the rule of law at the same time." When it comes to selecting Supreme Court justices, Bork says he's convinced Romney "is committed to nominating judges who take their oath of office seriously and respect the rule of law in our nation."
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3554.html

Post Date: 29th Dec, 2007 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

Romney presents contrasting styles

The former Massachusetts governor's brief remarks - filled with storytelling, chitchat and bullet points of his agenda - belied the cutthroat nature of the GOP race and contrasted sharply with his hard-hitting television ads against rivals Mike Huckabee and John McCain. "My vision for America is an optimistic one. I've brought change to what I've touched before. I'll bring change to Washington. I will also strengthen the American family," Romney said at every appearance, presenting his closing argument five days before voting.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071229/ap_on_...ey_iowa_closing

> TOPIC: Mitt Romney

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,