Plural Marriage In Islam - Page 2 of 2

Libya's Women Activists Outraged by - Page 2 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 28th Feb, 2013 - 12:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
27th Apr, 2007 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage In Islam - Page 2

It has been my understanding that the Imam who joins the couple is under more authority than the law of the land, so one may marry his first wife by law and then the others by the Imam. I have spoken with a couple of Muslims in my country and that is how they do it.

Again with the other my understanding is that each wife lives separate of the other with their own home and comforts. The husband / father visits each house as time permits. That is the way it is done here. This may be largely because the law does not permit plural wives, but maybe in a country that does such as South Africa there is a difference.

Sponsored Links:
19th Apr, 2008 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Islam Marriage Plural

I wonder if most of the US citizens know that Islam, unlike what you see in Texas, practices Polygamy openly? Has there ever been any investigation into the many wives men in Islam are allowed to have?

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2013 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Plural Marriage In Islam Islam Studies

Libya's Women Activists Outraged by Court Ruling on Wives:

This ruling on multiple wives has horrified liberals, who fear the clock is being turned back on advances made under former leader Moammar Gadhafi. Ref. Source 1

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Plural Marriage In Islam

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,