Wil Smith As Neo

Wil Smith Neo - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 12th Jan, 2006 - 8:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
9th Apr, 2005 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

Wil Smith As Neo

Matrix

Recently Wil Smith was saying in an interview that he regretted not accepting the role as Neo in the Matrix. That is right, if you did not know... Wil Smith was the first choice before Keanu to act as Neo. With all due respect to Wil all I can say is I am glad he did not accept the role... I just can't see him as Matrix material. What about you?

Sponsored Links:
9th Apr, 2005 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Neo Smith Wil

Matrix

Wow, I did not know this. Thank goodness he declined. I may not have even gone to the movie theater to see The Matrix if he was in it. Would Carrie-Anne Moss still have been his love interest in the movie? Who knows, they may have had to cast different people if Smith was Neo instead of Keanu.

9th Apr, 2005 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

Wil Smith As Neo RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

Matrix

What I want to know is what were the Wachowski Brothers got the idea from to use him? I feel his regret to take up the role is what made him focus on 'I, Robot'.

10th Apr, 2005 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

Neo Smith Wil

Matrix

I think it would have been a completely different movie with Will Smith as Neo. Keanu Reeves has such a naive, simple air about him, it fits completely with the character he portrays. I don't think Will could have brought that same quality to the screen.

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2005 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

Wil Smith As Neo
A Friend

Neo Smith Wil

Yeah I agree, it wouldn't be the same if keanu wasn't neo. Wil smith has a sort of arrogence that wouldn't have suited the character.

30th Jul, 2005 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

Wil Smith As Neo

Matrix

Wil smith has a sort of arrogence that wouldn't have suited the character.

That is a simple, but excellent point. Neo was very pure when he was unplugged from the Matrix. In fact, he was also very humble before he realized who he really was. Wil Smith just tries to be too funny, and if he were cast as Neo, no doubt they would have had to incorporate some of his humor in the role. It is the serious nature with which Keanu carries himself that made Neo so believable and likeable. Thank goodness Wil Smith turned down the part!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Aug, 2005 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Wil Smith Neo

Matrix

Well here is Smith wanting to have the 'look', but of course when you put Keanu next to him you just have to choose Keanu, he has the 'look', sorry Wil, but you will have to stick with I-Robot. Of course the lovely Jada is much better suited, but this thread is not about her wink.gif.

Wil Smith As Neo
Wil Smith As Neo (Hover)

12th Jan, 2006 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

Wil Smith Neo Matrix Trilogy Plugged RPG

Matrix

Wil Smith in my opinion, would have brought a more comical aura to the movies. I do think however that he can have a good serious side to him, think of Ballard for Example (If you know who that is) That is who I think he would have been like.

Would Morpheus have been White? Would Trinity have been Haley Barry? (I am not sure if that is how her name is spelt)

Reconcile Edited: Seraph on 12th Jan, 2006 - 8:35pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Wil Smith As Neo

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.