Mormonism For Dummies - Page 2 of 2

Well, I finally have gotten around to reading - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 19th Aug, 2005 - 12:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Nope - not a joke
19th Aug, 2005 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

Mormonism For Dummies - Page 2

Well, I finally have gotten around to reading this book. I have just finished the first two chapters. I don't find it offensive at all.

Here is a quote and you decide if it is irreverent or not.

"Remember that these people, not having accepted Christ's Atonement, suffer for their own sins while they're in spirit prison, and then Heavenly Father in his mercy allows them to head for the telestial kingdom after the great judgment.  Nice guy, that Heavenly Father.)  Bold added by me to indicate the possibly irreverant statement

Personally, I don't have a problem with it. So far, this is the only line that could be even the least bit objectionable to some. I don't see anything wrong with using humor to make a point even in terms of the Gospel and/or Heavenly Father. I doubt Heavenly Father is offended. I don't think it is really making light of sacred things...at least I haven't see that yet. I will let you know as I progress, if I do.

I am really enjoying this book. It is written in a manner that is very easy to read and not at all dry or boring.

Sponsored Links:
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mormonism For Dummies

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,