Sexual Abuse - Remembering The Past

Sexual Abuse Remembering Past - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 24th Jul, 2013 - 7:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Psychology / Mental Health Issues
Post Date: 14th May, 2013 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Abuse - Remembering The Past

Sexual Abuse What Should I do Now

I was sexually abused when I was a child, 2-4 years old, and when I was a teenager. I don't actually remember the occurrences when I was younger, but I knew and did things no child my age should. I believe I blocked out those memories because they were so traumatic. When I was a teenager, my father would touch me and kiss me. I was afraid to tell him to stop because I didn't know what he would do. It went on from age 16 to age 19, when I finally moved out. It's been three years since it stopped and I'm just now telling people. I confronted my father several days ago and told him that I did not want him around, especially since I have a 1 year old daughter now. I was just wanting to know what I should do now? Should I get help? Therapy to help to come to terms with what happened? I've also battled depression for years, and possible Bipolar Disorder, and wondered if the abuse might have caused it.
Source

26th May, 2013 - 10:35am / Post ID: #

Past Remembering Abuse Sexual

If you are thinking about getting help then you should. Make sure you get a registered therapist, and someone who has a background in sexual abuse. You need to talk about what happened to you, so you can move on. Especially with having a child. You need to make yourself happy in yourself. Asking this question is brave and the first step to recovery. I have suffered depression and anxiety and they can be managed. Just remember, it won't happen over night. And listen to your therapist. Even if you are having a good few weeks of therapy, it may not be the time to stop. Look after yourself.

24th Jul, 2013 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Abuse - Remembering The Past Health & Special Psychology

First of all, I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. I think so far, you have taken all the precautions necessary to protect your daughter and I would please suggest that under ANY circumstance you should leave her with your father at home.

I believe the police should be contacted because what he did was a crime and needs to be punished, not to mention that you do not want other people suffering. And yes, you need therapy right away. I wish you the best.

Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Sexual Abuse - Remembering The Past

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,