Patriot Act - Page 2 of 6

QUOTE (Krakyn)I think in some ways I respected - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th Sep, 2007 - 6:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
USA / Similarities Between... The Patriot Act and the German Enabling Act? What is your view?
12th Oct, 2006 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

Patriot Act - Page 2

All I can say is check out this web site from former U.S. Justice Department Nazi war crimes prosecutor John Loftus, now honorary president of the Florida Holocaust Museum.www.John-Loftus.com It's hard to argue with these credentials. Bush is the greatest danger to freedom on the face of this earth.

Reconcile Edited: RoysOffice on 12th Oct, 2006 - 12:07pm

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 22 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.2%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Oct, 2006 - 7:18am / Post ID: #

Patriot Act
A Friend

Act Patriot

The Patriot Act is quickly become the stepping stone to further demolition of our liberties. It won't be long before we are as restricted as the Germans were, it will just be a slower processes. Bush has two more years, and at his current rate, can do much much more damage. Recently a bill was passed to allow CIA black bagging and secret prisons of people defined as terrorists. Where is this defined? In the USA Patriot Act. In that act, US citizens can be deemed as domestic terrorists. So guess what, the Patriot Act has already lead to us becoming more like the movie V for Vendetta. Its coming people, and we let it happen and continue to let it happen. How dead and blind do you have to be to allow this to keep getting worse and worse? How bad does it have to get before people see the light? I'll let you know when people revolt against the government.

15th Oct, 2006 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

Patriot Act History & Civil Business Politics

Konqererz has a good point, unfortunately it's a fear that the "authorities" have already realised and begun to prepare for. You can already be told when and where you can protest, is that any different from being told what you can protest?
If you join in a protest you get to face off against a civilian law enforcement agency that carries weapons banned for civilian use. You get gassed and beat on if a person 4 blocks away decides to break a window. Not to mention that you are told that you have to have a permit to exercise your right to gather. It's a wonder that there hasn't been a million man march to run some politicians out of office. It's no wonder that all of our soldiers are kept over seas because they would never stand against their own families. That must be why residents of other countries like Mexico can enlist in our armed services under the claim of earning citizenship. Why do we need to keep all of those troops in Europe, they are not heading for a war anytime soon. The facts all point to the realization that this government does not want the people protected because it is the corporate politicians who are the real threat to the people.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 22 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.2%

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2007 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 Act Patriot

FBI PLAYS DOWN USE OF PATRIOT ACT: JUSTICE DEPARTMENT

A blistering Justice Department report accuses the FBI of underreporting its use of the Patriot Act to force businesses to turn over customer information in terrorism cases, according to officials familiar with its findings.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...act-070309.html

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2007 - 9:28am / Post ID: #

Act Patriot

House OKs striking law on U.S. attorneys

The House approved a bill Monday that would fix a provision in the Patriot Act that allows the attorney general to put interim U.S. attorneys in place for an indefinite amount of time without Senate confirmation.
Ref. deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C660206546%2C00.html

Note: For Discussion on Attorney Firings See:
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....iew=getlastpost

Post Date: 27th Sep, 2007 - 12:23pm / Post ID: #

Patriot Act

FEDERAL JUDGE RULES 2 PROVISIONS OF PATRIOT ACT UNCONSTITUTIONAL

Two provisions of the USA Patriot Act are unconstitutional because they allow search warrants to be issued without a showing of probable cause, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/09/26/patri...t.ap/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Sep, 2007 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

Patriot Act - Page 2

I have feared for many years that the USA has become to much like what we seen Germany do. These article just confirm it for me. I fear the purpose and power of the large corporations that rule the States are getting far out of control and might one day soon represent a real threat to any that would oppose their views. I am glad the courts ruled in Brandon favour as I think it shows that the States if the people chose can reverse some of the damage that has been done.

Why do they not pull troops back home and out of the countries that do not wish them to be "helping". Especially any where they are that is not UN sanctioned. I think in some ways I respected Hitler much more than Bush as he was more forthright in his manner. He told the world what he was doing and did it. Bush says we are do this or that but in reality the underlying factors that motivate are not what he states in public and often the actions he states that the USA Armies will be doing are also a false hood or perhaps better said a 1/4 truth. The rest he just never spoke of in any of his public announcements.

I fear for my countries depravation will only follow that of the USA. I am sure we will cave in it is just a matter of how long it takes.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

27th Sep, 2007 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Patriot Act Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

QUOTE (Krakyn)
I think in some ways I respected Hitler much more than Bush as he was more forthright in his manner. He told the world what he was doing and did it.

spock.gif Wow! What a statement! I would like to elaborate on that as it is HIGHLY controversial, BUT I will start a New Thread for it where you can further your opinion. Look for it.

As for the act, we have something similar in my country where the police can basically enter your home if they 'feel like it', to me that is way too far and above the basic rules of a right to privacy. There must be grounds for invading someone's home, because it is after all his castle.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Patriot Act

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,