U. S. Midwest Charm

U S Midwest Charm - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 5th Sep, 2005 - 1:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

10 of the best places to go. Can you add to the list?
Post Date: 8th Jun, 2005 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

U. S. Midwest Charm

10 great places to discover USA Midwest charm

Attention, summer vacation snobs: If you think the Midwest exists merely as "Flyover Country" - one big flat cornfield on the way to someplace more exciting - Dan Kaercher wants to re-educate you. From big-city excitement to sandy beaches to back-road towns and farms, "the Midwest truly is a microcosm of the entire nation," says Kaercher, editor in chief of Midwest Living magazine and author of Best of the Midwest: Rediscovering America's Heartland (The Globe Pequot Press).

"The Midwest is the nation's last travel frontier because of all the overlooked surprises that await. Plus, prices are very affordable, it's generally safe and uncrowded, and Midwesterners are nothing if not friendly and welcoming." Kaercher shares his love of the land with USA TODAY's Shawn Sell.
Ref. https://www.usatoday.com/travel/destination...est-spots_x.htm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Jun, 2005 - 5:36am / Post ID: #

U. S. Midwest Charm
A Friend

Charm Midwest S U

Historically, Kansas City Missouri is a great place to visit. You can see the Negro League Hall of Fame, KC had one of the great teams in the Monarchs as well as some very famous players. Kansas City has a great Jazz district which chronicles the history of Jazz which has a long and again famous history of Jazz musicians. While your down in the Jazz district, see the river market area and see the infamous district of one of the most violent mobs of it era! To rap it all up, we have some of the best Bar-B-Que in the country, try Gates for a great meal for sure! If chicken is your thing, make sure and stop by strouds family style pan fried chicken! Its really a great place to visit. You wont be to far from some famous civil war battle sites like Lexington Missouri. One famous building that survived the infamous battle of lexington still stands with the original cannonball implanted into the front of the building!

Post Date: 8th Jul, 2005 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

U. S. Midwest Charm
A Friend

U. S. Midwest Charm Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Yes, I concour with this big time... After leaving my native Wisconsin, for the coasts ( My work has taken me all over the 48 continental states) and it is weird to see most of the people on the costs know nothing about the midwest but the opposite is rarely true.

*steps off soapbox*

Back to the topic since I could talk about that for days biggrin.gif

If you like music, Summerfest in Milwaukee WI is supposedly the largest outdoor music festival in the world. Great to see/hear.

People say Iowa has nothing but corn, but they also have a really great Viking museum. If anyone is ever driving through Iowa its really worth a looksee.

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2005 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

U. S. Midwest Charm
A Friend

Charm Midwest S U

I cannot speak for the entire midwest but I can speak of Ohio which is in the midwest. Ohio is home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. Here you can find the literally the best rock and rollers ever honered. Very close to Cleveland and very overlooked is the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Yes in Ohio. To mean it should't be a national park but it is a beautiful area nevertheless. In my opinion it should have stayed a national recreational area. An hour's drive from Cleveland is Cedar Point Amusement Park,the greatest in the word. It is home to 16(world record) awesome rollercoasters including my personal favorite, Millennium Force. If you go,you'll see why. Of course,there is Amish Country in the southeast. You can see the Wright Brother's Bicycle Shop in Dayton and eat Cincinnati's famous chili. Yes,all this can be done in a supposdly boring state.

> TOPIC: U. S. Midwest Charm

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,