Thinking Of Living In Trinidad - Page 2 of 3

Keep in mind the Discussion is specifically - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 5th Sep, 2011 - 2:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2005 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Thinking Of Living In Trinidad
A Friend

Thinking Of Living In Trinidad - Page 2

laugh.gif And honestly.... I think it has to be the most beautiful place I've ever been, every trip has it's downfalls, and yes... we must have definately been the countryside. You know those little sweet dogs that run around all over the place? Were I stayed there were like 10 going down the street at any given time.. so that probably accounts for the ticks. But seriously... I looked past all that and I still had a wonderful time. I'm just neurotic about bugs and cleanliness.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th May, 2008 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Living Thinking

Name: Sue

Comments: Hi, and Help please, My partner has just been offered a post at the University of the West Indies St Augustine Trinidad. We know nothing of Trinidad, will I be able to also secure work as a nurse there? I want information on things like cost of living, medical/dental care, and work opportunities?

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2009 - 9:11pm / Post ID: #

Thinking Of Living In Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Christopher

Comments: I'm in the UK, what is living in Trinidad like?

15th Jun, 2009 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Trinidad Living Thinking

Christopher, just read ALL the threads within this board and you will get your answer, particularly this thread How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

Post Date: 3rd May, 2010 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Living Thinking

Name: James

Comments: Ref item 4: How old is this string? The Pelican, a truly great bar in its time, has sadly gone.

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2011 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

Thinking Of Living In Trinidad

Name: MILNERITEGAL

Comments: I am seeing how old this thread is, but I will reply anyway, but only to certain questions, maybe to help another person and also because I do not agree with everything written.

1. That was answered above. Depends on the area. I lived in Tunapuna and we had water most of the time and electric never went out.

2. Yes

3. You will be able to find the scene you are looking for. Not as big as in the States, but you will. I was friends with artists at the university and did the whole artist circuit thing. Def. A small scene but there and active.

4. Yes there are others

5. I lived there for 1 year. I went to two private clinics when I got an ear infection. The first one gave me drops that didn't work, the second one gave me antibiotics and cleared it right up. The place was clean, the doctor was stern but nice, and compared to paying out of pocket in the u.s., it was a lot cheaper for doc and meds. Also was easy to schedule a follow up visit, which was fast and prompt

6. Yes and no.

7. I live in a city in the us with bad pot hole. On all the roads I drove on in Trinidad and in Tobago, it wasnt that bad. I say equal to a country road. A little gravelly. I also rode a motorcycle, it was fine.

8. The waits are diff compared to the us. Bank here 10-15 minutes, bank there 25-55 minutes, bus here in the day 30-60 minutes, but there 5-10 minutes, but here in the night time- same, but there in the night time, 1 hour or non existent. Waiting in line at a university office here 10-15 minutes, there 30-1 hour, supermarket lines, same, nail salon; same, lines to get into a night club, same depends on the club, some longer some shorter

9. See above.

Overall here are my thoughts on Trinidad. I loved it and I love it and I'm moving back. I did meet a few people from the UK that lived there for business with family's. They tend to, as the richer in Trinidad do, secule themselves and stay in the same circles. The UK couple didn't even know their neighbors! I thought Trinidad was almost just like Philadelphia, in that people had similar outlooks, diversity composition, and things to do/amenities. Smaller yes, and also no snow, but compared to the other islands, it wasn't annoying and touristy, it was real people living and having fun. I come from a very urban area so it was an easy adjustment for me. I think of the Trinidadian people as very urban and urban minded, even if they live partially in the bush. The actual deep bush and Tobago are very different.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2011 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Thinking Living Trinidad - Page 2

Name: Mike

Title: 3 reasons to move

Comments: [JB] writes of three main reasons given for people who want to move from more advanced societies to more primitive societies. Perhaps I am too advanced, or too primitive, but I was unable to understand exactly what was meant. For example, the first one about the weather being too cold... Usually isn't the weather warmer in the less developed area, but then do people say they want to move to a less developed area to be with their relatives? Maybe my reasons are just different but I cannot understand these three reasons given - could you please elaborate on them?

5th Sep, 2011 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

Thinking Living Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

Keep in mind the Discussion is specifically about Trinidad and I mentioned the base reasons most Trinis abroad usually state as their reasons to return here: The weather, vice, and relatives as opposed to other things mentioned in this Thread: education, health facilities, safety, etc. Understand?

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Thinking Of Living In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,