Gay Marriage In Culture - Page 2 of 3

So I have a good question to ask. In fact, - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 11th Nov, 2006 - 8:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Homosexual Marriage Legal in certain places, not in others. This Thread discusses the countries that are quickly embrassing the concept of same sex marriage and the impact of it on their society.
Post Date: 20th Dec, 2005 - 11:23am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Gay Marriage In Culture - Page 2

GAY MATES EXCHANGE VOWS IN NORTHERN IRELAND

Two lesbians became the first gay couple in the United Kingdom to win legal recognition under a civil partnership Monday, a ceremony that attracted scorn from evangelical Christian protesters but praise from gay rights activists.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/

Sponsored Links:
21st Dec, 2005 - 8:33am / Post ID: #

Culture Marriage Gay

You know what, I hate to sound crass, but whoopie, two gay people got "married." So what, let them be happy. I live my life as an example, if I don't like it I am not going to complain and holler about it. I am just going to live my own life the best way I can. It is not my place to say, "you can't marry him, because I find it creepy."

21st Dec, 2005 - 10:34am / Post ID: #

Gay Marriage In Culture Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Yeah I agree. Who cares if people are gay. It's just their sexuality, why hate someone for it. Gay people are still people. They have never bothered me so good luck to them if they want to marry.

Offtopic but,
One of the things I find most interesting about Catholic leaders opposing homosexuality was that it was prevalent around the time the bible was written. It is only in modern days it has become a taboo. Someone please explain that one.

Message Edited!
persephone: Added offtopic tags. Please do not bring religion into this Board. There is a Board for Studies of Catholicism in which you can bring up the issue. Please conduct a search first.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2005 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

Gay Marriage In Culture
A Friend

Page 2 Culture Marriage Gay

I will be honest, I am against gay marriage. I believe in what the Bible says that marriage is to be between a man and a woman, not a man and a man and a woman and a woman. I know that's bringing a religious stand point into a non-religious board, but my beliefs come from my religious beliefs.

Do I condemn those who practice the homosexual lifestyle? No. I have had friends who were homosexual. I did not agree with what they were doing, but I had nothing against them as a person.

=deadhobbit And who decides what the "general good" is? If the general population thinks it would be good to commit genocide on some minority, should the government pass laws allowing it?

I don't think that's what cwahsheh meant by her comment that the government should pass laws for the greater good of the society. That was probably a bit taken out of context. I think she was meaning that the government should be able to pass laws for the betterment, based on the society, for the people. All the people. Obviously killing off a part of the society is not for the betterment of people. Who decides? The people and the general belief that everybody has a right to live.

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2006 - 9:52am / Post ID: #

Gay Marriage In Culture
A Friend

Culture Marriage Gay

I myself find gay life-style a little repulsive but nonetheless this is my opinion if a gay man or woman want to have a gay marriage then they should. And I got to disagree with those that says a marriage have to be religious and have to be a pact between men and women. The government should not force ant beliefs on the people like 'Gay marriage is wrong' but instead intervene when abuse occurs like in young marriage. I'm from Israel wich is a very religious country (although I'm not) and a very modern country this two worlds collide because judaism say that being gay is living in sin and there are many gay people live in israel.

What I'm trying to is that even if your culture or/and you yourself hate it doesn't mean its wrong this also goes to other subjects and remember 'live and let live'.

Offtopic but,
I got to say I'm sorry for my not so organized answer I'm just not used to express myself in english and I was trying to touch every subject that was talked about in this thread.

Message Edited!
Persephone: Use offtopic tags when posting something not in relation to the topic itself. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 10th Nov, 2006 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Gay Marriage In Culture

MEXICO: 'SI' TO GAY CIVIL UNION

Mexico City's assembly on Thursday passed legislation to legally recognize gay civil unions in the capital, the first such vote by a legislative body in the
history of the conservative, predominantly Roman Catholic country.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/11/...y.ap/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Nov, 2006 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Gay Marriage Culture - Page 2

I am literally shocked by this decision. Mexicans are very conservative on these kind of issues.

The Mexico City assembly passed the measure by a vote of 43-17, with all the opposition coming from the conservative National Action Party of President Vicente Fox and President-elect Felipe Calderon. The party is known for its opposition to abortion and support for traditional families.

43-17! It seems like a lot of people want Homosexual marriages and adoptions in the future...

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2006 - 8:37am / Post ID: #

Gay Marriage In Culture
A Friend

Gay Marriage Culture Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

So I have a good question to ask. In fact, I have several to ask, then an opinion on it, but wish to have some discussion about it.

1. Are rights reserved to only straight Americans?
2. Is Marriage lawfully restricted to straight people?
3. Are gays specifically restricted from marrying or entering into the same civil unions that straight people can?

No
No
No

The fact that gay marriage must be specifically allowed is very wrong. Married rights are not given specifically to straight people, that is the reason Bush has tried pass a ban on gay marriage. Under the law, there is not restriction by race, sexual orientation, or religion. That fact alone means that it is not a religious institution in this country and is allowed among gay people as well. No law prohibits gay marriage specifically. So why is this suddenly an issue in the last fifteen years or so?

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Gay Marriage In Culture

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,