Bird Flu - Page 4 of 6

Is the bird flu is like the common cold for - Page 4 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th Oct, 2012 - 8:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

?
Poll: If there are reported cases of Bird Flu in your country, would you still eat chicken?
  Yes       37.50%
  No       62.50%
Total Votes: 8
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
A decade in waiting
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2007 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

Bird Flu
A Friend

Bird Flu - Page 4

The question is, will the ever actually spread to humans? Most scientists agree that its not likely to spread now, its already mutated many more times than the average before switching species. I put that I would still eat chicken if there was an outbreak. I would switch to local farm grown chickens instead of store bought from who knows where. But by then, I may be a full vegetarian and not have to worry about it.

But in the US, they have continued to keep step with monitoring efforts to head this off before it can become an epidemic. It still has yet to be the world wide destruction that it was proclaimed to be.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jan, 2008 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Flu Bird

Bird Flu in Dorset

Three birds at the Abbotsbury Swannery in Dorset are suspected to have contracted the H5N1 bird flu virus.
Ref. BBC

12th Jan, 2008 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

Bird Flu Health & Special Psychology

There was a case in Norfolk of contaminated birds a few months ago too.
The surprising side of that case was the fact that the bird flu was brought in from a bird from abroad, but the farm was supposed to only have British birds!

Was anybody bothered by this?

Apparently not, as most people don't give two hoots as long as they can get their hands on inexpensive chicken, it's Britain's number 1 favorite meat, and as long as the suppliers keep supplying it, not many people question it's origins.

Makes you think though doesn't it, as to what health dangers you serve the nation up with!

15th May, 2009 - 11:01am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Flu Bird

Here is the reason Bird FLu has not become a sensation on the news as Swine Flu has:

Human noses too cold for bird flu

Bird flu may not have become the threat to humans that some predicted because our noses are too cold for the virus to thrive, say UK researchers. Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 15th May, 2009 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Bird Flu
A Friend

Flu Bird

Now that is a interesting reason as to why the bird flu does not seem to affect us as bad as it does the birds. I would have never thought that are noses were too cold to allow the germ to take hold.

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2012 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Bird Flu

Super virus recipe kept secret

Two studies showing how scientists mutated the H5N1 bird flu virus into a form that could cause a deadly human pandemic will be published only after experts fully assess the risks, the World Health Organisation says. Ref. Source 1

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2012 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

Bird Flu - Page 4

What Does The Future Hold For Bird Flu Research

Scientists gather in New York to consider the future of bird flu research after a moratorium on the work passes. Critics say the work and its findings could pose security risks, but scientists defend their experiments as preparation for outbreaks.
Source: Science

19th Oct, 2012 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

Bird Flu Psychology Special & Health - Page 4

Is the bird flu is like the common cold for the humans? I remembered reading something about birds and it says that the normal human common cold can effect a lot on birds, and can probably cause death. I was thinking, why?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Bird Flu

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,