[party Order] Scout - Page 13 of 16

More then a bit uncomfortable with their surrounding - Page 13 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 7th Sep, 2007 - 1:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 16 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 
Closed
Party leader posts here
30th Aug, 2007 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] Scout - Page 13

The group feeling better with the knowledge imparted by Scout starts developing specifics in their next task.

Kalfie to Scout "We have decided the trail you mention that lies West of the Deaths mouth is a likely spot to start. I do fear however that it will be also ladened with bandits. Do you suspect that also to be likely?"

After a short pause Kalfie adds "We also need to ask what is the best way to protect our selves from wolves and the possibility of vampire bats and thieves that might lurk along the spot er trail we will be exploring to get a better look around."

tortdog once Scout has finished answerign these questions asks Scout "Would you be willing to take the Dog back to the village and leave it with one you trust till my return."

The group continue riding toward the spot just West of the Deaths Mouth that Scout had mentioned.

Tortdog continues mapping as he goes and marks the spot where this trail west of the Deaths Mouth should be with Scouts help.

Sponsored Links:
30th Aug, 2007 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

Scout Order party

Seing their progress is slower than it should be tortdog and Kalfie remove the feedbags and stow them on their horse. Once done the party increases their pace so as to reach the destination in a timely fashion.

"Scout as we approach the end of this leg of our journey we would like to stop in the last tree stand or perhaps a stone outcropping that would be easy to climb so we can get a slightly better view of the area we approach." Kalfie states as the mount their horse.

Once they reach this place tortdog will make the climb as long as it looks safe. tortedog will be looking for signs of the path or a passible place they can climb up higher to get a better view. Specifically the place to the west side of Deaths Mouth that Scout had mentioned. He will also be looking for plausible places to hide the horses and stand guard of one who will make the assent.

As tortgog does this quick look around Kalfie asks Scout "If I understood correctly you think that we stand the best chance of accending this trail you mentioned on the West side of the Deaths Mouth by day. I fear though that the thiefs will still spot us and set a trap. To help avoid this would it advisable to send one of us off in stealth, while the others watch on guard from a distance within bow shot, or we should we remain together?"

ooc: I shall be departing within the hour so I thank you JB , LDS and tortdog for being patient with me and waiting out the weekend.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 30th Aug, 2007 - 7:56pm

4th Sep, 2007 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] Scout RPG PBP Medieval World

Looking to the far south kalfie then turns to Scout

Will you guide us closer to this trail you spoke of earlier to the West of the Deaths Mouth?

Stoops to pet the dog

Also we will need you to take this fella back to the stable in town, where tortdog will return for it once we have found what we seek. We can cut a length of rope and tie him to your horse, as I have a feeling it will try to follow tortdog when you leave.

Stands back up

Of course we would be willing to pay the stable a small token for their efforts. Do you think one gp would suffice?

tortdog takes this pause time to finish up the details on the map. Once done he shows it to Scout for verification and to indicate where this trail might lie on the map as well in the view that lies before them.

During this time kalfie and Daphne check the water supplies to ensure that the water bags are full.

5th Sep, 2007 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Page 13 Scout Order party

ooc this post is made with the understanding that it is actually 9:00 am still and not 9:00 pm. If it night already then we will repost a camp set up plan of action.

It is quickly decided to approach the trail west of the Death's Mouth by heading more west of this trail that scout mentioned. As the get closer the croup is looking for what can be used as cover to hide their approach along the western mountains to get closer to the trail unseen.

As we head forward with Scout, Tort checks his dagger, the bow and arrows to make sure they are at the ready and puts the map in his belt pocket. His cloak lies against him, covering his leather armor and bow. He scans across the horizon, look for any movement, and paying particular attention to the rocks rising in front of him at Death's Mouth, looking for any shadows or movement against the horizon.

Tort maintains no other equipment on his person, other than the dagger, armor and boots, the and bow and arrows. All other equipment is secured in the saddle bags or to the horse, with the rod secured in a way to allow for quick retrieval.

Kalfie is paying more attention to the Western side of the Mouth then any where else.

* the trio are riding with their cloaks on now so as to hide weapons that they carry on their persons and their armor.*

OOC Looking at the party stats I ponder if all is updated. I do believe Tortdog is less encumber then he was but he is still encumber but not overly so. When off the mount he would be unencumbered pending on what he carries correct?

5th Sep, 2007 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Scout Order party

The Game Master says...

My mistake, it is 9:00am (just fixed it).

What speed have you decided to go at on your final journey?

I usually only update Party Stats when there is a significant reason to do so. I have it updated offline for my notes.

6th Sep, 2007 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] Scout

We gallop in earnest angled towards West of the trial indicated by Scout, (as though we were on a task there) and then pull up once we are against the mountain.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Sep, 2007 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

[party Order] Scout - Page 13

The group rides to a place that is a safe distance west of the ridge indicated by Scout. Once to the foot of the hills they will try to conceal their approach toward the ridge trying to go were few tracks will be made by their passage.

Kalfie is in lead then tortdog then Daphne. As they travel they look for other signs of passage. Once they reach the ridge kalfie will stay with the horses in a concealed place that will allow him a view of the surrounding area so he can keep watch for impending danger. From the plains Death's mouth or even the ridge its self.

Tortdog and daphne will get off the horses taking bows and hand weapons with them and will scout the ridge and the area near it to determine if any one is using it regularly or has is the last few days. Tortdog will asses how steep the ridge is and seek a place that he can scale up 6 or 8 ft without no grave danger to himself and look around if no sign of others is found. He will not start climbing until it is discussed as a group on his assessment.

Kalfie will keep his sling and axe at the ready and restock on suitable rocks he can find in the area and keep then in his small pouch that he carries on him.

7th Sep, 2007 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

[party Order] Scout World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 13

More then a bit uncomfortable with their surrounding the desire to more of the lay of the land is high.

Torte dog ascend the easy 20 feet to get a better look about. As he does this Daphne is watching guard and holding the horses she is still mounted. Kalfie looks over the area looking for ant sort of track he can find that might indicate a threat to the group or a passage of other humans.

+  « First of 16 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 

> TOPIC: [party Order] Scout

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,