Handling Rejection

Handling Rejection - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 3rd Aug, 2005 - 4:47am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Afraid to ask?
3rd Aug, 2005 - 3:34am / Post ID: #

Handling Rejection

Have you ever been interested in asking someone out on a date, but were too afraid that they would reject you? What if you did ask and they said, no, what would you say in reply? How do you overcome your fears?

Sponsored Links:
3rd Aug, 2005 - 4:47am / Post ID: #

Rejection Handling

Short answer: Yes. And I am going to marry her. I never thought someone like her would be interested in someone like me. I just had to get over it and take some risks. My entire view of dating and rejection have changed. I used to think that I only had one shot with "the one," and if I said the wrong thing or picked a restaruant she didn't like, I would miss my chance. Now, I have realized through experience that if "the one" is actually "the one," she will have to love me with my inherent weaknesses, and she does.

THEREFORE, take a risk and ask. People rarely say no outright - they just make excuses. It's easy to accept an excuse with grace. Plus, if she refuses you (however she does it), it may not mean "no, not ever." My fiancee started dating another guy from the ward just days after our first date. They dated for over a month while I was the hamless confidant to whom she told everything about their relationship. Obviously, she came back to me. The idea of dating is really to keep ourselves busy and out of trouble in good company until something clicks and a relationship is actually right.

> TOPIC: Handling Rejection

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,