Your Pencil Art - Page 2 of 2

People around here say I am good at doing - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 9th Feb, 2006 - 10:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2006 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Your Pencil Art
A Friend

Your Pencil Art - Page 2

Ack! I'll try to see if I can find some finished works for you..I've always been pretty confident in my ability...until I started talking to a lot of other artists that do similar work. People can be so critical, and that just kills me. I can't remember ever responding to another person's work of art in a negative way! It's definitely made me self-conscious about letting people see, but I'll see what I can do for you. undecided.gif

Let me tell you this...When I first started desiring to do colored pencil work, I had total sticker shock. $200 for a box of colored pencils?! This is crazy, I said to myself. (I'm still having a problem paying that much for pencils. Oh, Prismacolors blend well...Oh, they're colorful and lightfast..but $200?!)

I definitely suggest challenging yourself instead of rushing out to buy the 120 piece Prismacolor set. Don't get me wrong, Prismacolors are wonderful pencils to have, but they're not very budget-friendly for a starving artist like myself. I think it's absolutely wonderful to challenge yourself to create a work of art with just a box of Crayola pencils. Yes, Crayola. You can get a box of 96 pencils for under ten dollars!

(Note: An original Crayola pencil work cannot be expected to last as long as an original work completed with artist grade pencils. So make lots of prints!)

And when people gasp and "ooh" and "ahh" over your work? Tell them you did it with your snazzy $7 pencils. Surprisingly, it's not a turn-off for a lot of folks. They'll just be even more amazed that you could create such a beauty with such "limited" materials....That's a true artist!

Amy

Sponsored Links:
9th Feb, 2006 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

Art Pencil Your

People around here say I am good at doing pen and pencil drawings. Right now I have over a ream of real peoples faces and then a couple reams of cartoons I have made books of cartoons for myself only so far, but publishers say that cartoon books are not cost affective. I always love to show my work to different people. I have 2 books of church cartoons alone, I want people to see the humour in this world instead of the unhappiness and it is working with several people as they come to me with cartoons they think up in there real lives.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Your Pencil Art

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,