Favorite War Flick

Favorite War Flick - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 26th Feb, 2017 - 8:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2017 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Favorite War Flick
A Friend

Favorite War Flick

So, KN's comment about leading by example made me think of a Great War movie which led me to think, what are my favorites. So, here are my top ten favorite war movies.

1. Blackhawk Down (Someone I went to sniper school with was one of the actual snipers that helped the Warrant Officer pilot shot down)
2. Lone Survivor (The SEALs are the navy equivalent to my Army unit)
3. We Were Soldiers Once (The LTC in this movie lived leading by example. Hal Moore, I knew him and he was a fine officer)
4. The Green Berets
5. Saving Private Ryan (The opening scene was as close to war as you can get in a movie. My dad, who was a Marine in WW II was gripping his chair so hard his knuckles were white)
6. Gettysburg (Because the good guys win in a just war)
7. Glory (Because it shows every American plays a part and valor does not depend on skin color)
8. Go For Broke (Same as 7)
9. American Sniper (Because war sucks and it changes people and this movie doesn't downplay or glorify war. War should be avoided and is only a last resort)
10. Dances With Wolves (Not technically a war movie but it shows Native Americans as they were, the good and bad).

Sponsored Links:
26th Feb, 2017 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

Flick War Favorite

I don't mind watching a good war movie if it is something realistic. I actually find documentaries showing war footage extremely engaging. For instance I won't consider Rambo or the Expendables any good. One of my favorites was The Last Of The Mohicans and my review of it is there.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2017 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

Favorite War Flick
A Friend

Favorite War Flick Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I do not really have a favorite war movie. I did see the move Billy Lynns long halftime walk and some of the cut scenes cause me to have some flashbacks in the desert. It was a decent movie but a lot of stuff in it was not the best. I do enjoy good war time movies.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2017 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Favorite War Flick
A Friend

Flick War Favorite

The Last of the Mohicans was a great movie. Actually, it was a great movie a few times as it was told multiple times. What a great and sad story.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2017 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Favorite War Flick
A Friend

Flick War Favorite

War movies aren't exactly my favorite movie genre. I have watched s few though with exes. I have two I really liked. The first real war movie is Hacksaw Ridge. Just amazing what Desmond did without a weapon. I can't imagine the courage that took.

I list another because it's not technically a war movie I guess. It is insane though. 300. I just loved it. I felt like going to war myself after that. Those Spartans too… wink.gif.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 26th Feb, 2017 - 8:09pm

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2017 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Favorite War Flick
A Friend

Favorite War Flick

For showing the realities of open war I'll have to go with Saving Private Ryan.

For favorite war related movie showing why one fights, I might have to go with Defiance.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 26th Feb, 2017 - 8:21pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Feb, 2017 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Favorite War Flick
A Friend

Favorite War Flick

Daishain,

Yes, that opening scene in Saving Private Ryan is unbelievably realistic. I remember my heart was beating a mile a minute. It felt similar during the running combat scene in Lone Survivor.

Kyrroeth,

300 was a great movie but it didn't show how the real Spartans fought. My family on my father's side come from an area of Greece that was Spartan controlled. My grandfather came from a small village in the mountains (Hills really) south of Sparta and my grandmother actually came from Sparta. My grandmother always told me the real Spartans moved to where my grandfather came from and that I come from the last of the real Spartans. Because of that I've done a lot of research about Sparta, Spartan warriors, and how Spartans fought. 300 was a great action flick but in reality they would never have broken ranks and would have fought as a unit, shield to shield, spears out until they got very close and then the front rank would hacked with their short swords.

> TOPIC: Favorite War Flick

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,