Recovering Smoker - Page 18 of 29

Chromosome Component In Children Impacted By - Page 18 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 12th Aug, 2013 - 1:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 29 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  ...Latest (29) »
Recovering Smoker My name is and I am a...
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2013 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Recovering Smoker - Page 18

Cancer-Promoting Mechanisms Of Overlooked Components In Secondhand Smoke
Stop Smoking News

Tobacco smoke, diesel exhaust and oil combustion carry polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons - PAHs that are known to cause cancer. But of these PAHs, the obviously dangerous high-molecular-weight PAHs like benzo[a]pyrene (BaP) have received the vast majority of research attention...
Source

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2013 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Smoker Recovering

Weight Gain Caused By Quitting Smoking Increases Diabetes Risk
Stop Smoking News

Although cigarette smoking is linked to the development of cardiovascular disease and quitting cuts that risk significantly, smoking cessation can cause substantial weight gain, increasing the likelihood of type 2 diabetes, researchers at the Indiana University School of Public Health, Bloomington, have found...
Source

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2013 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Recovering Smoker Health & Special Psychology

To Hookah Or Not To Hookah - Water Pipes Used To Smoke Tobacco May Spread Infections
Stop Smoking News

It's not just another craze. The hookah pipe is becoming mainstream among college students and young adults. Some older adults are even trying it out, too. Simply put, a hookah is a water pipe suitable for smoking flavored tobacco, originating in ancient Persia and India. The tobacco comes in assorted flavors from popular apple and mint to wilder tastes such as cappuccino...
Source

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2013 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Page 18 Smoker Recovering

Nicotine Exposure Contributes To A Greater Vulnerability To Alcohol Abuse
Stop Smoking News

Smoking is a well-known risk factor for subsequent alcohol abuse, but the mechanisms underlying this link are unknown. Now researchers reporting in the Cell Press journal Neuron show in a study conducted in rats that even a single exposure to nicotine temporarily changes how the brain's reward system responds to alcohol and increases the reinforcing properties of alcohol via stress hormones...
Source

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2013 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Smoker Recovering

Smoking During Pregnancy Linked To Child Conduct Disorder
Stop Smoking News

Mothers who smoke during pregnancy are more likely to have children with conduct disorder (CD), according to a study published in the journal JAMA Psychiatry. The study, carried out by researchers at the University of Leicester in the UK, analyzed the relationship between smoking during pregnancy and the risk of the child developing CD...
Source

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2013 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

Recovering Smoker
A Friend

Recovering Smoker

I am a cigarette smoker but I have managed to overcome my addiction for years at a time. You see many smokers are not addicted to the nicotine itself, it is just something to keep your hands and mouth occupied while taking a 3-5 minute break away from a busy schedule. I have found that I feel unsettled when I have nothing in my hands so I can replace this habit in various ways such as carrying around a bag of peanuts, hard candy, mints, or even a dozen quarters to shuffle around from hand to hand. Sometimes I will even take a few moments to flip my cellphone around in my hand but remember that the stress relief of smoking comes from the deep breathing exercises, when I did quit over a long length of time I found that meditation or even just going outside for fresh air and doing some deep breathing gives the same refreshing feeling.

To all those who want to quit I wish you luck and I hope my experiences can be of help.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2013 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Recovering Smoker - Page 18

UK Governments Delay On Plain Tobacco Packaging: How Much Evidence Is Enough
Stop Smoking News

On bmj.com today, senior research fellow Crawford Moodie asks how much more evidence is needed before the UK government make a decision on plain tobacco packaging. In July, the UK government announced that there would be a delay on the decision on plain packaging, until findings from Australia emerge...
Source

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2013 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Recovering Smoker Psychology Special & Health - Page 18

Chromosome Component In Children Impacted By Prenatal Smoke Exposure
Stop Smoking News

A new study from the American Journal of Public Health finds that prenatal exposure to cigarette smoke can impact parts of chromosomes in children. Researchers investigated telomere length, a repetitive DNA sequence located at the ends of chromosomes that stabilizes the chromosome. Telomeres are a part of chromosomes that have been identified as a biomarker of cellular aging...
Source

> TOPIC: Recovering Smoker

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,