Arkansas

Arkansas - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th May, 2011 - 7:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (18) »
Arkansas
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2005 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

Arkansas

Arkansas

The capital of Arkansas is Little Rock and the State was admitted to the Union on: June 15, 1836. Feel free to discuss the Culture & Traditions of Arkansas within this thread.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2005 - 3:54am / Post ID: #

Arkansas
A Friend

Arkansas

The Ozarks are the most well known natural beauty of Arkansas. I have been there many a summer with my parents on family and church outings. The highlight of the Ozark area is Eureka Springs. Eureka springs has natural spring water springs as well as many tourist sites.

16th Jan, 2006 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

Arkansas History & Civil Business Politics

I have to add my agreement, the Ozark's is my personal favorite place in Arkansas. Eureka Springs is a cool town, I really like the way the houses seem to hang so precariously from the bluffs. Another nice spot in Arkansas is the Buffalo River, the US's first national river. When you go canoing on it you can see the stone chimney's left by the first homesteaders here. It actually is a beautiful state, because between the Ozarks, the River Valley, and the Delta of the Mississippi there is so much nature it is unreal. I guess that is why they call it the Natural State.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

21st Jul, 2006 - 6:27am / Post ID: #

Arkansas

I lived in Little Rock & surrounding areas for about 6 years. I lived in Fort Smith, AR for about a year and a half. It is a beautiful state in the northern parts, around the Ozarks but the south half of Arkansas is a very boring, field filled, drive. Hot Springs, AR is a very popular place. Greers Ferry Lake, around the Heber Springs & Fairfield Bay area, is a great place to go to do water sports of any sort, boating, fishing, hiking, horse back riding, cliff diving, golfing and much more. There is a place right outside of Heber Springs called Eden Isle. This is an absolutely beautiful community on the lake. Very upscale. I took my first wife on our honeymoon there. We stayed in a honeymoon suite, in a hotel called The Red Apple Inn. Appropriate for it being in Eden Isle. cool.gif

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

6th Nov, 2007 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Arkansas

I would like to know how many of you have heard or have been in at Crater of Diamonds State Park. I am reading all these news about people finding diamonds that I am almost tempted to take a trip over there. laugh.gif

For those who do not know, the Crater of Diamonds State Park is the world's only diamond-producing site open to the public. Visitors can keep the gems they unearth!

The largest diamond found at the park was the 16.37-carat Amarillo Starlight, a white diamond found by a Texas visitor in 1975.

In June, a Louisiana man found a 4.8-carat diamond.

Overall, more than 700 diamonds have been found at the park this year.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2011 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Arkansas

Shoppers feeling higher gas prices
Arkansas Related News

-; Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s CEO Mike Duke says rising gas prices are hurting its main customers, who are having an even harder time stretching their dollars to the next payday than they did a ...
Source: Arkansas News

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th May, 2011 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Arkansas

Lottery Commission to get auditing plan
Arkansas Related News

-; The Arkansas Lottery Commission will be given a proposed 3-year plan for auditing the lottery's books. The commission's audit committee on Wednesday agreed to forward the plan by staff ...

Post Date: 11th May, 2011 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Arkansas Politics Business Civil & History

Dalai Lama speaks to hundreds in UA visit
Arkansas Related News

Sister Helen Prejean (from left), the Dalai Lama and Sidney Burris (far right) arrive Wednesday for the morning panel entitled "Non-violence in the new Century: The Way Forward" in Bud ...

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (18) »

> TOPIC: Arkansas

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,