New York - Page 3 of 5

Nueva York: Museum Exhibit Documents Latino - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th Oct, 2010 - 9:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
New York Culture
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2008 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

New York
A Friend

New York - Page 3

When I think of New York I think of the City and the fact that everytime I have been there I have ahead a good time. I will probably make it back there again around the end of December this year. I want to revisit the statue of liberty and see if I can get up to the head this time. Last time we were there it was too hot. Then after 911 they closed it off. They recently reopened it so you can go up to the base of her feet. I am hoping they allow people to go all the way up again soon. smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
20th Jun, 2009 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

York New

I can't begin to emphasize how lucky I feel having been born in New York. Almost every summer, I have been able to go to a wonderful, all-girls, Christian camp called Camp Cedarbrook (the camp formerly know as Cherith). I'm only a few hours drive away from some of the most amazing places to hike and ski. Wish I have a car!

But why shouldn't we think of the city first when we think of New York? One thing I have noticed nobody brought up yet is the subject of Broadway. It's an amazing thing to be about two stops away on the express line from a huge collection of theatres and stages! New York City really is a big part of New York, I think, even though it's, in reality, very small.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

20th Jun, 2009 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

New York History & Civil Business Politics

That is a good aspect of New York to share. From my brief stay there I realized that there is so much to New York than New York city, especially in the back country where the air is crisp and good for camping.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2009 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

New York
A Friend

Page 3 York New

I know next time that I am out east I am going to try to get up to those water falls near Buffalo that everyone talks about.

1st Sep, 2009 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

York New

New York has a mixture of many different races and cultures because of immigration over the years. This has created an interesting history for the state and a variety of foods, restaurants, and over all cultural influences for the state.
The cost of living is ridiculously high, but there are a lot of job opportunities and a lot of money to be made there.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 5 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.5%

Post Date: 4th Nov, 2009 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

New York

Name: Jace

Comments: I've always wanted to ask how much time is in a "New York minute"? It seems to be faster that the minute everyone else is used to.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2010 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

New York - Page 3

New York's secret origins

Any time of day, New York looks like a comic. Every block of Manhattan tells part of the story, like illustrated panels on the page: Superman soars over Midtown's skyscrapers, Batman lurks on the rooftops of Gothic buildings, the Spirit sulks in the shadows of the Lower East Side and Spider-Man's girlfriends plunge to almost certain deaths from the borough-spanning bridges. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2010 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

New York Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Nueva York: Museum Exhibit Documents Latino Role in Shaping New York City over Three Centuries

The history of Latinos in New York is the focus of a new exhibit at El Museo del Barrio in Spanish Harlem. The exhibition looks at the relationship between New York City and the Spanish-speaking world from 1613 to the end of World War II. We speak with Mike Wallace, a professor of history at the City University of New York and chief historian for the Nueva York exhibit. Mike Wallace is co-author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning book Gotham: A History of New York City to 1898. Ref. Source 7

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: New York

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,