Louisiana

Louisiana - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th May, 2011 - 11:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (17) »
Louisiana
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2005 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

Louisiana

Louisiana

The capital of Louisiana is Baton Rouge and the State was admitted to the Union on: April 30, 1812. Feel free to add messages about this State's Traditions and Culture.

Sponsored Links:
13th Dec, 2005 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Louisiana

I am guessing that we don't have anyone here that live in LA. I guess I am close enough to give a semi-accurate account. While I live in Texas I spend a lot of time in the northern most half of the state. Unfortunately I don't get to see a lot of the customs that might be more interesting. I do have a few co-workers whom live farther south in the state than I generally travel. Anything south of Shreveport is considered Cajun country. Not sure exactly what that describes exactly other than the heritage of the majority of the population but I have come to learn more and more "Cajuns" every day. The biggest thing I think about is boiled crawfish. Southern LA is known for it's crawfish boils. The best way to socialize while you eat is when you have to fight your food to eat it. (So I have been told) Cajun is also referred to as a blend of spices. (Hence Cajun cooking which tends to be spicy.)

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2006 - 11:09am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Louisiana History & Civil Business Politics

GUARD TROOPS ORDERED TO NEW ORLEANS

Acting at the mayor's request, Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco said Monday she will send National Guard troops and state police to patrol New Orleans streets following a bloody weekend in which six people were killed. Is the National Guard deployment an overreaction to New Orleans' problems? We'll talk to New Orleans Police Superintendent Warren Riley.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/19/neworlean...g.ap/index.html

24th Jun, 2006 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

Louisiana

I think it unfortunate that New Orleans crime has been escalading to the level it was before Katrina. I see guard troops in the city as a wise move to help prevent this trend. Hopefully, the city will be able to get a handle on the increasing crime while it still can.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

Post Date: 21st Oct, 2007 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Louisiana

Indian-American wins in Lousiana

The US state of Louisiana elects Bobby Jindal as its first non-white governor since the 1870s.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/a...cas/7054949.stm

19th Aug, 2009 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Louisiana

I have some family in Louisiana but it has been awhile since I have visited. I do know some things about the area though. People in Louisiana like to eat and enjoy a variety of foods. When I visited my great uncle there he handed me half of a watermelon like I was supposed to eat it as a snack. A lot of people speak a mixture of French and English with a unique accent. In Louisiana craw fish, gumbo, jambalaya, boudin sausage, and other Cajun/Creole cuisine is popular. One thing I have noticed about the state is there is still a lot of segregation between races in Louisiana. Neighborhoods tend to be one race or the other and many of the people I met were racist.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 5 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.5%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2011 - 11:50am / Post ID: #

Louisiana

Louisiana couple indicted in Katrina fraud case
Louisiana Related News

GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) -- The government seeks to recover $1 million in SBA loans and a 43-foot yacht from a Louisiana couple accused of Katrina fraud through their business, Planetta Custom Homes. ...
Source: Louisiana News

Post Date: 5th May, 2011 - 11:50am / Post ID: #

Louisiana Politics Business Civil & History

Man kills stepdaughter for not honoring Muslim religion
Louisiana Related News

WARREN, MI (WDIV/CNN) - A Michigan man shot and killed his stepdaughter because he felt she was not honoring her Muslim religion, according to police. Rahim Alfetlawi told investigators that he ...
Source: Louisiana News

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (17) »

> TOPIC: Louisiana

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,