Tennessee

Tennessee - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 25th Apr, 2011 - 9:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (18) »
Tennessee People
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2005 - 3:52am / Post ID: #

Tennessee

The capital of Tennessee is Nashville and the state was admitted on: June 1, 1796. Feel free to state what you know about the Culture & Traditions of this State.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Dec, 2005 - 3:40am / Post ID: #

Tennessee
A Friend

Tennessee

Oak Ridge, Tennesse was a small, scarcley inhabited town. This little town gained a renowned reputation from being chosen as one of the secret locations for the testing of the A-Bomb. They now have a museum dedicated to the history of the atomic bomb happenings and how it changed their city.

18th Apr, 2006 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

Tennessee History & Civil Business Politics

One thing I noticed about Tennessee the first time I visited it was how laid back the people are there. It is truly a state of 'Southern' comfort and hospitality. While there I visited Memphis, and enjoyed the history of music in that city, and in the state in general. There are also some fascinating mountains overlooking the main interstate. I would recommend visiting Tennessee to anyone who is looking to experience the South.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

18th Apr, 2006 - 4:53am / Post ID: #

Tennessee

One of my sisters lives in Tennessee, about 30 miles south of Nashville (country music capitol of the world!), where she and her family have a little farm and a "rambling ranch" house. I had the good fortune to live there for about a year when my daughter was a baby, and it is a beautiful area. Franklin, Brentwood, Murfreesboro -- just lovely! The trees grow over the top of the two-lane roads, forming a canopy of shadow and light that is just fantastic. This was the only time I ever enjoyed commuting!

Another thing I found in Tennessee that I've never experienced anywhere else is the teenagers are SO polite! "Yes, ma'am" and "No, ma'am" -- you won't find that in California.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2008 - 5:45am / Post ID: #

Tennessee
A Friend

Tennessee

Tennessee, born and bred, and when I die I'm Tennessee-dead! biggrin.gif My family has lived in Middle Tennessee for nine generations, so I guess that makes me somewhat of an expert! Of course I am prejudice, but Tennessee has to be one of the most beautiful states in the Union.

We have three extremely distinct regions, West Tennessee, the main city being Memphis, Middle Tennessee, the main city being Nashville, and East Tennessee, the main city being Knoxville. I've been all over the Southeast and Northeast, and life is just slower here. We're friendly, we'll say what's on our minds, and chivalry is not dead. I went to Washington, D.C. last summer, my first experience in a very large city, and was appalled by the fact that no one there opens the door for ladies.

Country music is a big deal here, but it's mostly for the tourists. I'm as Tennessean as it gets, but country is not my favorite genre. A lot of country starts live close to me though, because they've figured out that Tennessee has the coolest kids on the block.

We have bluegrass festivals like no other. On summer night in the country, you can drive slowly down the winding roads and hear people picking tunes out on their front porches. You thought banjos and fiddles were only in the old-fashioned movies? Think again. Banjo and fiddle music are alive and well!

We're proud people. The only people I've ever met who are prouder of their state than Tennesseans are of Tennessee are West Virginians and perhaps Texans. Not to brag or anything...but we basically rock out.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2011 - 9:50am / Post ID: #

Tennessee

History celebrated at Nashville garden exhibit
Tennessee Local News

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The Cheekwood botanical garden in Nashville has just opened an exhibit in its Model Railroad Garden. More than 2,500 tiny trees, shrubs, groundcovers and flowering plants ... Source: Tennessee News

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2011 - 9:50am / Post ID: #

Tennessee

Officials Ask Residents for Help in Finding Bobo
Tennessee Local News

PARSONS, Tenn. (AP) - Authorities are asking for help from people in the Parsons community as the search for 20-year-old nursing student Holly Bobo continues.The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation ...
Source: Tennessee News

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2011 - 9:50am / Post ID: #

Tennessee Politics Business Civil & History

Spurs visit Memphis for pivotal Game 3
Tennessee Local News

(Sports Network) - A split in the Alamo City has set the stage for a pivotal Game 3 in the shadow of Beale Street on Saturday as the top-seeded San Antonio Spurs and upstart Memphis Grizzlies renew ...
Source: Tennessee News

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (18) »

> TOPIC: Tennessee

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,