Agnostic - Page 2 of 2

However, in your example, both of those can - Page 2 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 29th Oct, 2006 - 4:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Fence sitters or something different?
Agnostic Related Information to Agnostic
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2006 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

Agnostic
A Friend

Agnostic - Page 2

I have found, as I have drifted into Atheism, that agnosticism is rather the belief that we cannot have knowledge of gods. Thus one can be an agnostic atheist, not believing in gods, but also believing that it is not possible to know of gods if they existed. An agnostic can also believe in gods though. You can be an agnostic theist, which means you believe in gods but don't believe you can have knowledge of them.

Sponsored Links:
29th Oct, 2006 - 4:13am / Post ID: #

Agnostic

However, in your example, both of those can be viewed as 'fence sitters' since one would have to now theorize what god they believe (chose not to believe) in and how that god would manifest it, if that god chose to. As an example, higher life forms (extra terrestial life) may exist. If they came to earth and manifested their technology then they may be considered god(s), but would an agnostic view them as such?

I often find self proclaimed Agnostics not willing to test a system or path to find out if it can reveal something to them, thus showing a form of bias already. Hence, this is the reason why I said there are very few True Agnostics. To me a true Agnostic is a researcher, once he has finished his research then he should give himself another title.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Agnostic

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,