The Horror Of Katrina - Page 2 of 2

A federal judge Wednesday sentenced five former - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Apr, 2012 - 12:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Through the eyes of tourists
The Horror Of Katrina Related Information to The Horror Of Katrina
  • Katrina Car Sale - Beware!
  • Katrina - Lasting Effects
  • Pet Survival - Katrina as an example
  • When Odds Are Against You - Survival in depressing times
  • Unusual Crime - A perspective of law
  • Post Date: 18th Sep, 2005 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

The Horror Of Katrina
    A Friend

The Horror Of Katrina - Page 2

I sent this top post to several friends and family of mine who watch only mainstream news. The response was that it was all a hoax. None of my links listed worked for them and I looked like a fool. I know that this site doesn't post like that so I went out to prove it true by other notable news websites. Here are a few that back up the above story.

Absolute vaccuum of information. No way to prove it true or untrue with no eyewitnesses coming forward and no victims coming forward. Stories of rape and armed men are unsubstantiated but did hasten the relief effort.
    https://www.guardian.co.uk/katrina/story/0,...rticle_continue

John McNeil is a claimed eyewitness from australia and tells his story and told his father via cell phone while he was in New Orleans. Several other NAMED people gave their story in the article also.
    https://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/commo...%5E2703,00.html

This website has a supposed I'm going back and forth with someone in the dome, but answers with responses from someone else supposedly there as well that says it didn't happen. The one is a reporter, the other appears to be a government worker.
    https://www.boingboing.net/2005/09/07/katri...pe_murder_.html

This article is from alert news, a reuters news agency and gives names in their story as well. Reuters is a well known and well respected news agency.
    https://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N03464940.htm

Names and events again. This is Yahoo news.
    https://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050903/ts_nm/mayhem_dc

I saved the best for last. Police officer statement from one who didn't want to be identified gets a small spot when in this story. But the entire story is horrific. ABC news people. But not the american version.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200509/s1452244.htm

To top it off, my mother, among the doubters, reported to me that FOX news finally had something on it. It was not the main new program, but it was the O'Reilly Factor and Geraldo Rivera Show was there onsite and provide truth to some of the stories. Why isn't this top news that this is happening? This entire horrible ordeal only happened in areas where the poor where left. To add to it, its being swept under the carpet like it didn't happen. Foreign news agencies are reporting it, but our home news stations aren't? Another tragedy is happening under our noses and the majority of the country its happening in doesn't know it. One of the major things that happened to Geraldo on fox news was that food was stolen by the police and held away from people at gun point. These people never had a chance.

Sponsored Links:
    18th Sep, 2005 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

Katrina Horror The

Does no one recall that these exact things happened after the tsunami disaster last year in India and Southeast Asia? Women, young boys, and girls were raped and killed by evil opportunists -- some who may not have acted out in that manner ever in their lives, but given an opportunity without "society" watching, they take that opportunity to perhaps live out suppressed evil or violent urges.

I don't think it has anything to do with culture, race, or upbringing, but with the breakdown of human "self-government," if I can call it that, in times of extreme disaster.

Perhaps with some it is a way of life, to take by any means possible whatever one wants; but with others, in my opinion, it is simply opportunity that brings out this kind of evil.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

30th Aug, 2007 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

The Horror Of Katrina History & Civil Business Politics

Interesting how tour operators capitalize on this now using tourists that like viewing the remnants of heartache. See: Post Katrina Tours.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2008 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 Katrina Horror The

Katrina's Hidden Race War: In Aftermath of Storm, White Vigilante Groups Shot 11 African Americans in New Orleans

In a shocking new report, The Nation magazine exposes how white vigilante groups patrolled the streets of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, shooting at least eleven African American men. Local police have never conducted investigations into the shootings. We speak to reporter A.C. Thompson and New Orleans resident Donnell Herrington, who nearly died after being shot by a white vigilante.
    Ref. Source 7

6th May, 2009 - 5:11am / Post ID: #

Katrina Horror The

Powerless? I see someone being abused to death, and I am powerless? I don't think so...oh, what this child must have endured. But yes, I can't help because God knows I might actually save the child...sarcasm... Sorry... Just angers me...

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

9th Jun, 2009 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

The Horror Of Katrina

jchampers - I was pleased to read your response because that's exactly what I was thinking while reading all the other responses. I know it's always easy to say when you aren't there but I know to the core of my being that the only way I'd be 'helpless' in that situation would be because I'd tried to help and been beaten unconscious. No way, no how could I sit and watch 'unable to help'.
    I might be unable to help... But I'd never be unable to try!
    At the very least, the victim would die knowing someone tried to help them.
    Maybe it's the Marine in me, but there's just no way...

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    Post Date: 26th Aug, 2010 - 4:12am / Post ID: #

The Horror Katrina - Page 2

After Katrina, New Orleans Cops Were Told They Could Shoot Looters:

In the chaotic days after Hurricane Katrina, an order circulated among New Orleans police authorizing officers to shoot looters, according to present and former members of the department. Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2012 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

The Horror Katrina Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

A federal judge Wednesday sentenced five former New Orleans police officers to prison terms ranging from six to 65 years for the shootings of unarmed civilians in the chaotic aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, prosecutors said.

The ex-officers were convicted in August on a combined 25 counts of civil rights violations in the shootings, which occurred on the Danziger Bridge on September 4, 2005, six days after much of New Orleans went underwater when the powerful hurricane slammed into the Gulf Coast.

The stiffest sentence went to former Officer Robert Faulcon, who was handed a 65-year term. Kenneth Bowen and Robert Gecivius got 40 years; Robert Villvaso, 38 years; and former detective Arthur Kaufman was sentenced to six years, according to the U.S. Attorney's office in New Orleans.

Prosecutors argued the officers opened fire on an unarmed family, killing 17-year-old James Brissette and wounding four others. Minutes later, one of the officers shot and killed Ronald Madison, a 40-year-old man described by Justice Department officials as having severe mental disabilities and who was trying to flee the scene when he was shot, according to a Justice Department statement.

One of the officers allegedly "stomped and kicked" Madison before he died, the statement noted. Ref. CNN

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Horror Of Katrina

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,