Russian Transport

Russian Transport - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 10th Apr, 2006 - 10:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Maybe you thought the London Underground and the New York subway were crowded. To know what crowded really means, try the Moscow metro.
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2006 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Russian Transport

Masses on the move in Russia

It's worth going underground in Moscow, writes Michael Challinger. Maybe you thought the London Underground and the New York subway were crowded. To know what crowded really means, try the Moscow metro. The Russian capital's underground railway carries more people a day than those of London and New York combined, plus the Paris Metro as well. With nine million passengers daily, it's the busiest mass transit system in the world. Moscow simply couldn't function without it, and these days it's one of the few remaining things in which Russians can take unqualified pride.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3626061a34,00.html

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2006 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Transport Russian

I was not aware about this transit system until I read the link. I do wonder if it is as sophisticated as it is large, maybe some of our Russian Members can give us feedback on it. I was also wondering if such a system would not be the constant target of terrorist attacks? Maybe it has been in the past, but I did not research it.

> TOPIC: Russian Transport

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,