Saints And Soldiers - Page 2 of 2

This was a brilliant film no matter if you're - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 18th Jul, 2011 - 5:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
21st Nov, 2010 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Saints And Soldiers - Page 2

I've only been recently able to see "Saints And Soldiers" and was pleasantly surprised by the quality for such a low budget movie. The acting was on par and there was good comedy relief as needed throughout the film. What stood out to me was the amount of time that "cigs" were mentioned. This was an authentic part of war from that time period and it is good to see that they tried to keep it as 'real' as possible. I wonder why it was called "Saints and Soldiers" rather than "Saint and Soldier" since he was the only one there? Perhaps the word "Saint" is used in a different context - I do not know as I have not done any research into the movie.

Saints And Soldiers
Saints And Soldiers (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
8th Dec, 2010 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

Soldiers Saints

I think the plural use of saints connotes the fluctuating aspect of a wartime participant. Sometimes soldiers feel the closeness of God like they never have before (regardless of their religion). Other times they have to kill to stay alive, doing things that most would not consider "saintlike". I think the title reflects more then just the men who are represented in the movie, I think it represents all men and women who have to do very difficult things, that they find abhorrent, while maintaining their values.

The plural use of saints and soldiers implies more then just the one man. Soldiers (plural) are multidimensional, and the use of the plural is a reflection, I believe, of all men who fight during wartime.

I loved the movie by the way, but have not seen it for about two years.

14th Dec, 2010 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

Saints And Soldiers Studies Doctrine Mormon

There were many self-righteous Mormons who condemned one of the actors because of smoking...Hello people! There were fake cigarettes and the movie tried to portrait REALITY or some of you think that they should have shown the soldiers eating lime jello? *Sigh*

18th Jul, 2011 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Soldiers Saints

This was a brilliant film no matter if you're watching it through the eyes of a member or not. I hope to see more like this coming out of 'Utah'.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Saints And Soldiers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,