Gay Mormon? - Page 3 of 8

I didn't intent such a thing, I just - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th Jan, 2013 - 4:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

?
Poll: Can you be both Mormon and Gay (homosexual)?
  Yes       50.00%
  No       50.00%
Total Votes: 6
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Post Date: 12th Aug, 2007 - 9:49am / Post ID: #

Gay Mormon?
A Friend

Gay Mormon? - Page 3

In my opinion the argument above over the difference between gay and homosexual is pure semantics. I don't believe there is a difference. Either you have carnal feelings toward someone of your own sex, or you don't. If you do, you are gay/homosexual.

I believe that a member of the LDS church can be gay, have carnal feelings of attraction for members of their same sex, and still be in good standing. The issue at hand is whether or not this person acts on those feelings. If he or she never acts on those feelings then they are no different than anyone else in the church that has a temptation to sin, and doesn't.

I have a brother that is gay and openly pursues his feelings of attraction to other men. This has been hard for me to deal with. I want to still have him be part of my life, and the life of my family, but I cannot accept what he is doing. This has been a point of contention between him and me over the years. He wants me to accept that God made him that way, and I can concede that point. The problem comes when he wants me to accept that he should be able to pursue those feelings, and I absolutely can not do that.

Everyone has their own bunch of trials that they will have to deal with over the course of their test here on Earth. It seems like everyone has at least one really big trial to deal with. Being gay would be a huge trial to deal with. I believe however, as is stated in Corinthians that you will not be tempted beyond your ability to overcome.

1 Cor 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2012 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Gay

Poll added 14 Sept. 2012 - "Can you be both Mormon and Gay (homosexual)?"

16th Sep, 2012 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Gay Mormon? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I really do not understand the whole Mormon and gay connection. We are shown by the scriptures that the Lord will never give you too much to bear, so why would he make you 'gay' and not have any feelings for a woman or a man respectively?

Post Date: 25th Dec, 2012 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Mormon Gay

Name: Michael

Title: Gay Mormon?

Comments: It seems like a big part of the communication problem is definitions. Perhaps we could use the phrase "Same-sex attraction" (SSA) in order to describe one who is attracted to members of his/her same sex but does not act on those feelings. To me temptation alone is not a sin. Even Jesus was tempted but never gave into temptation. Giving in to temptation is the sin.

international QUOTE (Cutie CTR)
"I really do not understand the whole Mormon and gay connection. We are shown by the scriptures that the Lord will never give you too much to bear, so why would he make you 'gay' and not have any feelings for a woman or a man respectively?"

No one is saying that the Lord has no feelings for those who are gay or lesbian--only that He gave them a different set of trials to face in this life. Personally, I am not perfectly happy with the set of trials that He gave me in this life, but when I look around, I think that maybe I'll just keep the ones that I have and stop complaining.

30th Dec, 2012 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

Mormon Gay

I really do not understand the difference between the word "Gay" and "Same sex attraction". Even the Church chose as part of the domain for the new site about homosexuality, the word "Gay" which surprised me a little bit. I don't know if people might think saying "Same sex attraction" means a temporary feeling, I am not sure exactly the difference.

All I know is that I fully believe that being gay is not a choice and I believe also that someone can be gay and be a member of the Church. What concerns me a lot is some of the examples that are being shown in the new Church web site of gay members choosing to be married and having children despite having these feelings. I think is a very unhappy place to be.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2013 - 11:03am / Post ID: #

Gay Mormon?

Name: Michael

Title: Gay Mormon

Comments: I am just proposing a usage that might help to clarify whether we are talking about someone who has feelings of attraction for members of their own sex but don't act on those feelings and those who do act on those feelings.

international QUOTE
What concerns me a lot is some of the examples that are being shown in the new Church web site of gay members choosing to be married and having children despite having these feelings. I think is a very unhappy place to be.

I would be hesitant to tell other people whether they are happy or not. One thing we do know is that "Wickedness never was happiness." (Alma 41:10)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jan, 2013 - 3:08pm / Post ID: #

Gay Mormon - Page 3

I have a very good friend who is a mormon and he's gay, his family was devastated and didn't talk to him for a couple of years but eventually they came around and now things are well between them. He told me the pastor or bishop of the church helped him a lot.

12th Jan, 2013 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Gay Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

I didn't intent such a thing, I just do not wish a young gay man or woman seeing all those examples and thinking that's a possibility to solve the issue because I do not believe for a minute that should even be considered. Having said that, I have seen other examples recently put in the web site and I'm glad they did.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Gay Mormon?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,