Gay Mormon? - Page 7 of 8

Name: MStar Comments: It was posted very much - Page 7 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th Apr, 2014 - 12:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 

?
Poll: Can you be both Mormon and Gay (homosexual)?
  Yes       50.00%
  No       50.00%
Total Votes: 6
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
21st Apr, 2014 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Gay Mormon? - Page 7

The scriptures specifically outline that man should not sleep with another man as he does with a woman. There is no need to guess about this.

Sponsored Links:
21st Apr, 2014 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Gay

A doctrine that greatly affects the happiness of our brothers and sisters isn't worth wondering about?

21st Apr, 2014 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

Gay Mormon? Studies Doctrine Mormon

TheMark, but what are you wondering about if the scripture is clear [about homosexuality]?

22nd Apr, 2014 - 11:54am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Mormon Gay

[I am wondering if the] whether the scripture is right [on homosexuality].

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2014 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Gay Mormon?
A Friend

Mormon Gay

international QUOTE (TheMark)

Is there nothing worse than apostasy?

Here is something that I consider to be a Divine Truth:

When a doctrine is found to be out of harmony with one's experience of the Creation, that one is left with a choice. Either he must choose that the experience of the Creation is somehow false or he must choose that the doctrine is somehow false. One is liberty, the other bondage. I do not believe the church's doctrine of homosexuality is in harmony with many people's (Including Homosexuals themselves) experience of the Creation. This has resulted in the apostasy and liberalization of a great number of Saints. Are they wrong?

1. President Wilford Woodruff said:
international QUOTE
I say to Israel, the Lord will never permit me or any other man who stands as President of this Church to lead you astray. It is not in the programme. It is not in the mind of God. If I were to attempt that, the Lord would remove me out of my place, and so He will any other man who attempts to lead the children of men astray from the oracles of God and from their duty (Official Declaration 1).

2. Elder Marion G. Romney recalled an experience he had with President Heber J. Grant:
international QUOTE
I remember years ago when I was a bishop I had President Grant talk to our ward. After the meeting, I drove him home. When we got to his home I got out of the car and went up on the porch with him. Standing by me, he put his arm over my shoulder and said: My boy, you always keep your eye on the President of the Church, and if he ever tells you to do anything, and it is wrong, and you do it, the Lord will bless you for it.' Then with a twinkle in his eye, he said, But you don't need to worry. The Lord will never let his mouthpiece lead the people astray' (In Conference Report, Oct. 1960, p. 78).

3. President Harold B. Lee, referring to President David O. McKay, said:
international QUOTE
We believe in a living prophet, seer, and revelator, and I bear you my solemn witness that we have a living prophet, seer, and revelator. We are not dependent only upon the revelations given in the past as contained in our standard works as wonderful as they are but we have a mouthpiece to whom God does and is revealing his mind and will. God will never permit him to lead us astray. As has been said, God would remove us out of our place if we should attempt to do it. You have no concern. Let the management and government of God, then, be with the Lord. Do not try to find fault with the management and affairs that pertain to him alone and by revelation through his prophet his living prophet, his seer, and his revelator (The Place of the Living Prophet, Seer, and Revelator [address delivered to seminary and institute faculty, Brigham Young University, 8 July 1968], p. 13).

4. President Joseph Fielding Smith explained:
international QUOTE
I think there is one thing which we should have exceedingly clear in our minds. Neither the President of the Church, nor the First Presidency, nor the united voice of the First Presidency and the Twelve will ever lead the Saints astray or send forth counsel to the world that is contrary to the mind and will of the Lord (In Conference Report, Apr. 1972, p. 99; or Ensign, July 1972, p. 88).

here is the witness of 4 presidents if you don't believe them you may already be in apostacy. Many more latter day prophets have condemned homosexuality in much stronger terms than any of them ever condemned blacks in the priesthood.
"in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established"

22nd Apr, 2014 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

Gay Mormon?

international QUOTE (EAG)
1. President Wilford Woodruff said:
I say to Israel, the Lord will never permit me or any other man who stands as President of this Church to lead you astray. It is not in the programme. It is not in the mind of God. If I were to attempt that, the Lord would remove me out of my place, and so He will any other man who attempts to lead the children of men astray from the oracles of God and from their duty (Official Declaration).

Not trying to change topics here but what President Woodruff says there (And the rest of the quotes) cannot be corroborated with the scriptures which are supposed to be our measuring sticks. There is no part in the scriptures that say a prophet cannot lead this church astray. These quotes are implying infallibility in the part of the prophets which I don't agree with.

But....that's another topic: The Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?, feel free to open one if you want to discuss it.

Carry on guys. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Apr, 2014 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

Gay Mormon - Page 7

I like things plain and simple: Homosexuality is an ABOMINATION before God! Of course, God loves the sinners, not the sin, but the Church will never allow homosexual relationships.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2014 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Gay Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 7

Name: MStar

Comments: It was posted very much earlier that the church has down enough to reach- out to its SSA members. As a returned-missionary, temple recommend toting, quiet safely a virgin SSA member... I can quiet assuredly say that next to nothing has been done as a general support to this sector of the church.

All the articles that I have read from church sources have been directed, in both the words and voice of the texts, to straight members and leaders of the church. They provide this audience with an arsenal of doctrine AGAINST homosexuality... But, I find no doctrine anywhere ABOUT homosexuality.

I am to be damned without understanding my own sin? I feel equally in need of comprehensive revelation on this subject as I believe Joseph Smith was about knowledge of the true church.

Quite plainly, I need to understand WHY I am this way... And until the I am provided with solid doctrine on the subject by the church, science is the best tool I have in looking for answers... And we all know what the scientists have to say on the subject.

(PS... This is a complex issue, it can't be treated in the same category as an addiction, and a brochure isn't enough).

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Gay Mormon?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,