LDS Tithing Requirement - Page 3 of 6

Yes given you back ground I bet you do. I - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 18th Nov, 2008 - 8:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Mormons Paying Tithes - 10% Of Income - Is it Gross or Net? Before or after taxes?
22nd Oct, 2008 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

LDS Tithing Requirement - Page 3

It is a commandment to all members of the church. As with any commandment it is up to the individual if he or she is willing or able to fulfill this commandment.

There is no coercion in the Church, but there are many expectations due to covenants (promises) that members have made with God, covenants that are taken seriously by active members of the Church.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Oct, 2008 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

Requirement Tithing LDS

LDS_forever I think a big part of the benefits of tithing is just what you said it is a show of obedience to the lord. Through that he can use that donation and multiply it greatly and some of that will come back to you. Most likely in a ten fold. Might be clothing or food from unexpected sources that value way more then you gave or a real good job.

18th Nov, 2008 - 6:43pm / Post ID: #

LDS Tithing Requirement Studies Doctrine Mormon

What does the Mormon church use tithes of the membership to do?

18th Nov, 2008 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Requirement Tithing LDS

In "Preach My Gospel," the study guide given and used by missionaries, it says on page 78,

"Tithing funds are used to support the ongoing activities of the Church, such as building and maintaining temples and meetinghouses, carrying the gospel to all the world, conducting temple and family history work, and many other worldwide activities. Tithing does not pay local Church leaders, who serve without receiving payment of any kind.

Tithing is a law of Sacrifice that allows individuals to be united in the building of the Kingdom of God on Earth.

18th Nov, 2008 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Requirement Tithing LDS

It pays the salaries of your preachers too? How does the membership know how the money is spent, is there a statement of accounts?

18th Nov, 2008 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

LDS Tithing Requirement

Your question is intresting there revival I was reading the quote from dbackers and it said this.

Tithing does not pay local Church leaders,

I had thought no later Day Saints Leaders were paid but I was mistaken it would appear. I would like to expand your question to at what level do they start receiving payment and is it salary or just to off set costs of doing the lords work?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Nov, 2008 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

LDS Tithing Requirement - Page 3

I saw the quote, but I find it hard to believe no one receieves absolutely nothing for their preaching.

18th Nov, 2008 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

LDS Tithing Requirement Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

Yes given you back ground I bet you do. I shall have to start a thread on this in a more general topic so as not to clutter this one with this discussion we are about to embark on. It is a pet peeve of mine.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: LDS Tithing Requirement

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,