LDS Tithing Requirement - Page 5 of 6

I wasn't aware of this option, but - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 20th Apr, 2011 - 1:59pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 2 37 69 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Mormons Paying Tithes - 10% Of Income - Is it Gross or Net? Before or after taxes?
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2008 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 131
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.0%
[+] Gain: 239.80 FP
Charm: 1

LDS Tithing Requirement - Page 5

There seems to be two interpretations as to what tithing is used for,

Tithing is also used for humanitarian efforts around the world -- disaster response, charitable giving, etc.
and
Tithing is used for the building of temples and meetinghouses, manuals, etc and the preaching of the Gospel around the world.

Jesus gave all to the needed but did use enough to provide substance to remain alive in a humble manner. I assume when traveling the Apostles and Prophets would live the same way.

Maybe one of our Mormon friends can answer that. If the higher authority are paid then is it so they live in a humble manner?

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2008 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

Quasar
LDS Tithing Requirement
A Friend

Requirement Tithing LDS

Maybe one of our Mormon friends can answer that. If the higher authority are paid then is it so they live in a humble manner?

Yes thankyou. I am glad that you are starting to see us as friends! We pay tithing for the work of the lord and his servants.

Don't you pay tithing for the work of the lord and his servants?

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2008 - 11:28am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 17,352
Avg: 3.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 97.6%
[+] Gain: 990.51 FP
Charm: 334

LDS Tithing Requirement Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (revival @ 20-Nov 08, 8:18 PM)

Humble is definetely not a word I would use, I could use the word "modest" and that's really according to interpretation. Just trying to be fair here.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2008 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 4,590
Avg: 1.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 46.2%
[+] Gain: 20,660.60 FP
Charm: 136

Page 5 Requirement Tithing LDS

Yes perhaps humble is a strong reference to living in close to poverty and discomfort. I would not expect any to be living in poverty, just not better then "average" members. This would likely vary place to place.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2008 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 131
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.0%
[+] Gain: 239.80 FP

Requirement Tithing LDS

What happens to a member if they do not pay this tithing, do they lose their membership in the Mormon church or are they chastized in any way at all?

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2008 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Avg: 1.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 34.1%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 300

LDS Tithing Requirement

No, there is no losing of your membership over tithing. However, there is strong encouragement from leadership, because there is no progressing without tithing. For instance, a member cannot attend the temple without tithing, and that is considered a major step in one's eternal progression.

There are specific blessings associated with paying tithing, also. So we are in effect denying ourselves the blessings if we do not obey the commandment to tithe.

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it (Malachi 3:10).

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2011 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

Member Writer
[?] CPosts: 264
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 2.2%
[+] Gain: 40.35 FP

Page 5 LDS Tithing Requirement

I was wondering how many of you knew that there is a way you can pay your tithes online through Billpay? Have you guys used it?

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2011 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Avg: 1.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 34.1%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 300

LDS Tithing Requirement - Page 5

I wasn't aware of this option, but I don't think I would use it. I would rather hand the check to my bishopric.

Guest please SHARE: "LDS Tithing Requirement" on:

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Sponsored Links:

If LDS Tithing Requirement is not what you are looking for then you may wish to Start A NEW Topic.
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: LDS Tithing Requirement

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

LDS Topics

Current Mormon Deep Discussion from our Community:

Highlights

Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 2 Hours Ago
What Does A Drug Mule Look Like?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Hunter 5.3 Days Ago
Russia vs USA: Will there be a World War over the expansion of Russia? By News 6.9 Days Ago
Donald Trump: Can you see him as the next President of one of the most powerful countries in the world, the United States of America? By News 1 Week Ago
The Trump Immigration Wall: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 1st Apr, 2018 - 11:12am
Bulletproof Backpacks: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Champion 24th Mar, 2018 - 7:36pm
A Science Fiction Continue The Story RPG: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By anronrosby 20th Mar, 2018 - 5:54am
Nikolas Cruz: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Comstat 10th Mar, 2018 - 3:52pm
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 7th Feb, 2018 - 12:03am
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Gknightbc 18th Nov, 2017 - 5:34pm
Wide Screen Columns: Now your screen is not as empty as before. What are your thoughts about this new feature in the Community? By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am
Offensive Trademarks: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm

Updated every: 14 minutes