LDS Tithing Requirement - Page 5 of 6

I wasn't aware of this option, but - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 20th Apr, 2011 - 1:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Mormons Paying Tithes - 10% Of Income - Is it Gross or Net? Before or after taxes?
21st Nov, 2008 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

LDS Tithing Requirement - Page 5

There seems to be two interpretations as to what tithing is used for,

Tithing is also used for humanitarian efforts around the world -- disaster response, charitable giving, etc.
and
Tithing is used for the building of temples and meetinghouses, manuals, etc and the preaching of the Gospel around the world.

Jesus gave all to the needed but did use enough to provide substance to remain alive in a humble manner. I assume when traveling the Apostles and Prophets would live the same way.

Maybe one of our Mormon friends can answer that. If the higher authority are paid then is it so they live in a humble manner?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2008 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

LDS Tithing Requirement
A Friend

Requirement Tithing LDS

Maybe one of our Mormon friends can answer that. If the higher authority are paid then is it so they live in a humble manner?

Yes thankyou. I am glad that you are starting to see us as friends! We pay tithing for the work of the lord and his servants.

Don't you pay tithing for the work of the lord and his servants?

21st Nov, 2008 - 11:28am / Post ID: #

LDS Tithing Requirement Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (revival @ 20-Nov 08, 8:18 PM)

Humble is definetely not a word I would use, I could use the word "modest" and that's really according to interpretation. Just trying to be fair here.

21st Nov, 2008 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Requirement Tithing LDS

Yes perhaps humble is a strong reference to living in close to poverty and discomfort. I would not expect any to be living in poverty, just not better then "average" members. This would likely vary place to place.

21st Nov, 2008 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Requirement Tithing LDS

What happens to a member if they do not pay this tithing, do they lose their membership in the Mormon church or are they chastized in any way at all?

21st Nov, 2008 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

LDS Tithing Requirement

No, there is no losing of your membership over tithing. However, there is strong encouragement from leadership, because there is no progressing without tithing. For instance, a member cannot attend the temple without tithing, and that is considered a major step in one's eternal progression.

There are specific blessings associated with paying tithing, also. So we are in effect denying ourselves the blessings if we do not obey the commandment to tithe.

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it (Malachi 3:10).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Apr, 2011 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

LDS Tithing Requirement - Page 5

I was wondering how many of you knew that there is a way you can pay your tithes online through Billpay? Have you guys used it?

20th Apr, 2011 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

LDS Tithing Requirement Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

I wasn't aware of this option, but I don't think I would use it. I would rather hand the check to my bishopric.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: LDS Tithing Requirement

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,