LDS Tithing Requirement - Page 6 of 6

The concept of tithing comes from the Old - Page 6 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Sep, 2017 - 7:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 6 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 
Mormons Paying Tithes - 10% Of Income - Is it Gross or Net? Before or after taxes?
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2015 - 10:59am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

LDS Tithing Requirement - Page 6

Church Approves Electronic Method to Submit Tithes and Other Charitable Donations

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has approved an electronic method for members in the United States to pay tithing and submit other charitable donations. Ref. Source 8

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2017 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Requirement Tithing LDS

He’s the highest-paid player in NFL history, and the first thing Derek Carr is going to do with the $125 million from his contract extension with the Oakland Raiders is pay his tithing, reported SB Nation.

"The first thing I'll do is pay my tithe like I have since I was in college," Carr told CBS Sports. "Giving $700 on a scholarship check. That won't change. I'll do that." Source 2t.

8th Sep, 2017 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

LDS Tithing Requirement Studies Doctrine Mormon

While I understand that most things in this world requires money the Mormons make it a highlight of their religion. They ask for a lot from their membership. Some might say its only 10% but what if your salary can't even cover basic living then giving 10% is like giving 100%!

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2017 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

LDS Tithing Requirement
A Friend

Page 6 Requirement Tithing LDS

The concept of tithing comes from the Old Testament. It spoke about giving a tenth of your income and it is supposed to be joy to give. That's not so much the case in today's materialistic world. Also, the Old Testament was superseded by the New Testament, so Christians are merely urged to give as they can.

Of course, this is about the LDS. They take their tithing seriously and draw inspiration from the Old Testament. I also understand they do a lot of good with the money they receive. Not only do they spread their word, which may or may not be good depending on your outlook, they go to many impoverished areas and provide improvements, like schools and clean water, with that money.

I'm not a Mormon, but I think they do more with the money they receive than say the Catholic Church does with its vast riches, which it's loathe to give back to the needy. So, at least they are giving back with this money.

+  « First of 6 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: LDS Tithing Requirement

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,