Turkey Recipes - Page 2 of 2

Restaurants where you can enjoy tasty turkey - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 19th Nov, 2015 - 5:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Turkey Recipes
Do you have a special way to cook it?
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2006 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Turkey Recipes
A Friend

Turkey Recipes - Page 2

I am not the hugest fan of turkey whether or not golden brown or whatever if is baked or deep fried. I have made deep fried turkey and you must be well aware how to deep fry a turkey. No time for not paying attention to detail,, its deep frying an its dangerous. Even though I am not a big fan of turkey, with mash potatoes and gravy its the bomb.. plain and simple.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message.

Sponsored Links:
20th Nov, 2006 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

Recipes Turkey

We don't have any particularly different way of cooking turkey each year, although I agree with JB, to have the skin a deep brown rather than golden. Nice and crispy - delicious!

This year, my mother saw some cooking show that prepared cornish hens rather than turkey. So, naturally, we're having "cornies" for Thanksgiving.

20th Nov, 2006 - 8:48am / Post ID: #

Turkey Recipes Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Fried turkeys are great and really easy to cook. My mother used to spend the greater part of 2 days getting all of the Thanksgiving Dinner ready, so when I told her about cooking a 18lb turkey in about 1 hour she was pretty interested! There are a few things that should be mentioned on frying a turkey. Some of these are pretty basic rules and some of them are things I learned:

1 Use peanut oil. This makes the crispy skin taste really good, plus it has a higher temperature at which it will ignite versus vegetable oil.

2 Make sure that the turkey is completely thawed. If it is still frozen in the center, it will bubble violently while putting the turkey in the hot oil.

3 Test the kettle that you are using for the proper oil level to fry this turkey. Put the turkey on the frying rack and lower into the kettle. Fill the kettle with water until it covers the turkey completely (I usually go about 2 inches over the top of the turkey). Once you added enough water, pull the turkey out of the kettle and mark where the water level is in the kettle. This is the level that you need to add the peanut oil to fry this particular turkey. You really don't want to find out that you don't have enough oil and add cold oil to your frying turkey. This can really ruin the results! Of course the worst thing would be to find you have too much boiling peanut oil and have to try and dump some out, as this is a fire just waiting to happen!

4 Keep the oil below 425F during cooking. If you go above 425F, the temperature of the oil is really unstable and will rise quickly and potentially flash over. It is not really difficult to control, but needs to be continuously monitored. The idea cooking temperature is about 350F. This keeps the pressure inside the frying turkey higher than outside the turkey (locks in the moisture). If you fry for a extended period of time much below 325F, your turkey may end up oily.

Once you are done, save the peanut oil and fry a few more in the future. As easy as it is and as cheap as turkeys are, you can fry 1 every couple of months or more.

The only type of turkey preparation that might even be better than frying (IMO) might be smoking a turkey. I did this on a couple of occasions with hickory chips. The turkey was delicious, but it took about 8 to 10hrs depending on the turkey size. I must admit that the turkey sandwiches made from the smoked turkey were better, but I am not sure it was worth the half day more of cooking time!

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2012 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 Recipes Turkey

Cooking turkey this Thankgiving? Don't wash that bird!

People concerned about foodborne illness may actually be spreading it when they rinse the turkey before cooking. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2015 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Recipes Turkey

Restaurants where you can enjoy tasty turkey year-round

The bird shows up on menus in every way, from burgers to barbecue to full-blown Thanksgiving dinners. Ref. Source 1w

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Turkey Recipes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,