Are You A Game Master? - Page 2 of 2

I concur I believe that eagr needs to get - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 14th Mar, 2009 - 2:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

04th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 
Also known as GM.
3rd Mar, 2009 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Are You A Game Master? - Page 2

1. I started GM'ing in the early 80's in ADnD so I guess about 25 years or so.
2. I had really enjoyed playing when I was in college. After I left college, I had friends I worked with who were interested in learning to play and since I was the only with experience, I had to become the DM.
3. I had a good example in the guy who had run the games in college. I usually use the pre-built modules and then modify them a little as needed so I didn't have quite the learning curve that I would have if I needed to design the whole campaign from scratch.
4. My players have always said they think I do a very good job. I feel I could do better than I do if I could make the time to really learn the module well before hand but I seldom have the time to do that. I would still like to design a campaign myself from scratch sometime. I have a group I play with now that would probably be open to that... One of these days!
5. I enjoy playing and DM'ing. I would prefer if I could get into a situation where myself and another DM alternated playing and running the game on alternate weeks. I think that would be perfect!

Incidently, I have played other games... Morrow Project, Gamma World (a little) and a few others but still prefer ADnD, 1st edition although I'm finding as I learn more about the newer versions, I tend to selectively add bits and pieces from the newer rules.

Sponsored Links:
13th Mar, 2009 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Master Game You Are

You know your stuff. I'm not good at being a game master but I think I make a good player. At least I made it out of the last scenario alive. Join us in medieval because we'll need as many as we can get for the wolves.

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2009 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Are You A Game Master?
A Friend

Are You A Game Master? Reviews RPG & Card Board

I concur I believe that eagr needs to get his participation level up and join us in the medieval threads.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Are You A Game Master?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,