Are Dishwashers Really Helpful?

Are Dishwashers Helpful - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 16th May, 2006 - 12:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Best of  Are Dishwashers Really Helpful
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2005 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Do you think Dishwashers are really helpful or do they just cause extra tasks to be done (rinsing the dishes, packing them in the Dishwasher, etc.) when you could just as well wash the dishes yourself?

Are Dishwashers Really Helpful? (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2005 - 4:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Helpful Dishwashers Are

We have a dishwasher and I ask this question everytime. What is the point if I have to wash the dishes before I wash the dishes? Yet if I don't, then the dishes don't get clean. I have to pay for both dish soap and dish washer soap now. What benefit is that? My wife wont be without one but fails to see the irony in washing to wash.

30th Nov, 2005 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

Are Dishwashers Really Helpful? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Konquererz explained my feelings about it exactly and I will add that the only way I can see a dishwasher being an advantage is if sanitizer solution is added to spray the dishes purely for sterilization (as is done in restaurants), only then will it become a valuable utility in the home in my opinion.

30th Nov, 2005 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Helpful Dishwashers Are

I do not see it as a necessity, unless you have this huge amount of guests at home and you do not feel to wash all the plates and stuff by hand. It's a cute addition to your kitchen if you have the extra cash wink.gif but I actually think is much faster to do it by hand.

Post Date: 10th Dec, 2005 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Helpful Dishwashers Are

Oh blessed is the home with a dishwasher in it. I have lived with and without a dishwasher, and definately prefer to live with it. Ours is so new that we don't have to wash the dish before we put it in. Rinse it off, yes, but that's different than washing it. It definately beats having to stand at the sink and wash dishes for an hour.

Plus, it gets rather tedious. Use a glass. Wash it. Use a fork. Wash it. Use a sppon because yogurt is yummy. Wash it. To me, it's just kind of nice to toss it all in the dishwasher and wait until there a bunch that need to be washed and wash them.

With or without a dishwasher, you still have to put dishes away, so it doesn't really cause any extra work. The only thing I don't have to do with a dishwasher is actually wash the dish. When I do hand wash dishes, I rinse them off before I put them in the dish water because I don't like my dishes soaking in barbeque sauce and piece of chicken.

17th Feb, 2006 - 6:22am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (BabyBlues @ 9-Dec 05, 9:55 PM)
Rinse it off, yes, but that's different than washing it. It definately beats having to stand at the sink and wash dishes for an hour.

I agree. If everyone living in the home is willing to try to remember to rinse off their dishes and immediately stick them in the dishwasher, and if the it is unloaded regularly so that dishes don't pile up while waiting for it to be unloaded, then I think it works rather well. Especially if you have a nice one that cleans really well and minimal rinsing is all that is required.

On top of that, I always assumed that because the dishes are washed and/or dried at such a hot temperature, that they are basically sanitized along the way. Maybe I'm wrong, but I hope not because that's one of the features of a dishwasher that I like the most!

I will also add that where we lived last, we didn't have a dishwasher, and where we live now we do, and I definitely noticed that it doesn't take as much of my time to wash dishes as it used to. Although I think that part of the reason that it seems that way might be that it is more pleasant this way, also.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th May, 2006 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

Are Dishwashers Helpful

I wouldn't be without my dishwasher, I always make sure that it has got 'rinse aid' in it, and that way you don't have to pre-wash any of the pots.It seems to defeat the object if you have to wash the pots twice.

The best point to my mind though, is that you don't need to dry any pots, and I can't stand drying pots!

16th May, 2006 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

Are Dishwashers Helpful Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

When you have a big family, a dishwasher is essential, in my opinion. The new ones are much quieter, use less water and energy, and are better at cleaning ~ and some even have a soft-food disposer that grinds up any food that is left on the dishes. You no longer have to wash them twice!

When you have only two people in the house, I can't imagine needing to use a dishwasher. Wash a few dishes in the morning and again in the evening (for those of us who work) and that's it.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Are Dishwashers Really Helpful?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,