Israel Vs. The Middle East - Page 2 of 20

This whole situation is very frightening to - Page 2 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 15th Jul, 2006 - 3:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (20) »
vs. This is not about the Israel vs. Palestine issue covered in another thread. This is about every other country in the Middle East, yes, Israel has many enemies, in fact they surround her.
Post Date: 13th Jul, 2006 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

Israel Vs. The Middle East
A Friend

Israel Vs. The Middle East - Page 2

This is a very scarry situation. I don't see anyway out. Hezbollah states it wants a prisoner exchange, 1500 terrorists for 2 IDF soldiers, but I believe this is a red herring. Despite that, Israel can't do that, if they do more soldiers will be kidnapped.

I believe this all goes back to Iran. The supposed deadline has passed for Iran to stop enriching uranium. There not going to do that because if they have a nuclear bomb they are safe from a U.S. invasion (note North Korea). This can be solved in one of two ways.
First the U.S. agrees to look the other way and Iran develops the bomb and in exchange Iran calls of their Hezbollah dogs. Israel can not except this, Iran has swore to destroy Israel.
Second a prolonged war where Israel takes out Syria and the U.S. takes out Iran. This would cause a global war between the U.S. with Israel vs. 1 billion muslims. Pakistan would turn against us and they have the bomb. India would join us and China and Russia would probably sit on the sidelines.

It feel like we are on the verge of WWIII. I pray we are not.

Sponsored Links:
13th Jul, 2006 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

East Middle Vs Israel

Although your forecast for the future seems far fetched, I believe it is not far from the truth. All that we see now is bound to happen. The rest of the world has tried in many various way to regulate the feelings of animosity between the two opposites in the Middle East, but they have never had true success.

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2006 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Israel Vs. The Middle East Judaism Studies

Fox News just reported that Israel claims the rocket that hit Haifa was not a rocket but a missile. They also stated that the missile was fired by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, which has units in Lebanon. This explains why Hezbollah denied firing the rocket. If this is true, this would be a major escalation in the conflict.

13th Jul, 2006 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 East Middle Vs Israel

I do not understand the rush for Iran to fight Israel, unless it is one of two things:

1. They have a nuke
2. They are just zealot, and want to inspire another '6-Day' war.

I am just waiting to hear Egypt jump in. Right now they are quiet, but who knows what happens tomorrow.

There is an interesting Thread here for theories: What If...

14th Jul, 2006 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

East Middle Vs Israel

QUOTE (Isaiah 17:1)
1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

I think that Iran feels very confidant that the US won't intervene. I suspect that Iran has a nuclear device. When Israel starts bombing Damascus, Iran will set off the nuclear device, whether it is in a missile or on a truck, or whatever. Once they do, Syria and Iran will become glass-paved parking lots.

When Iran and Syria no longer exist, international terrorism will end.

Just my opinion.

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2006 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

CNN just reported that the Syrian government stated it intends on supporting Lebanon. I don't think anyone knows what that means.

As far as nuclear weapons are concerned, I have to believe even Iran knows that nuclear bombs are for having and not for using.

Various posts on this site have treated warfare, even nuclear warfare, in a cavalier fashion. Am I the only one out there afraid for the Israeli and Arab peoples. I will pray that both sides come to their senses.

As the Architect states "I Believe in Peace"

Reconcile Edited: primrosepath on 15th Jul, 2006 - 12:39am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Jul, 2006 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Israel Vs. Middle East - Page 2

For many years now, Lebanon has been a puppet of Syria. The Lebanese people don't like it. They don't like the fact that Hezbollah uses their country as a staging point in its war against Israel. But they cannot throw Syria and Hezbollah out.

I believe in peace as well. I just realize that peace doesn't come by proclamation. Until some there are some serious changes in the World, and in people in general, the only place you will find "peace" (the kind that comes without significant struggle) is in the cemetery.

Israel wants peace. But the only peace that Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, and Jordan will accept is the peace of the grave - the Jewish grave. So, those countries continue to use their puppets - Palestinians, Hamas, and Hezbollah - to try to force that sort of peace upon the world.

Having served on the edges of the fire in 1991, I am certainly not cavalier about war, including nuclear war. But having watched the Arab world seek the total destruction of Israel for many years, I recognize what it will take to make them stop.

And it certainly isn't appeasement.

15th Jul, 2006 - 3:13am / Post ID: #

Israel Vs. Middle East Studies Judaism - Page 2

This whole situation is very frightening to me. I don't all that much about the politics of the region, but I do know that the fight has been going on for thousands of years. With the potential for nuclear weapons to be flying about, and soon, all I can do is pray.

May God have mercy on us all.

Roz

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (20) »

> TOPIC: Israel Vs. The Middle East

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,