Lds Engagement Party

Lds Engagement Party - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st Dec, 2008 - 10:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th Dec, 2005 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

Lds Engagement Party

LDS Engagement Party

In the Bible, an engagement was a very serious step and was considered to be the first step in a two step process towards marriage. Have you ever considered having an Engagement Party when you become engaged?

Sponsored Links:
8th Apr, 2006 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

Party Engagement Lds

I don't think I have ever heard anyone talk about having an "engagement party," per se. However - Here at BYU-Idaho, and at BYU as well I'm sure, there is a roommate tradition that goes something like this:

If one roommate is dating someone, the first time they hold hands then she (or he) owes her roommates all M&Ms. The first time they kiss, she owes them all ice cream, and when they get engaged, she is supposed to owe them all a steak dinner.

Now, I did have a few roommates get engaged, and I think one or two might have gotten away without having to give the steak dinner, or they may have fed us dinner but it wasn't steak. But I did have one roommate who fed us steak, homemade french fries, and a delicious fruit salad concoction. It was a big dinner considering we had 6 roommates total, plus a couple of boyfriends and of course the fiance. I think this could be considered an "engagement party," although like I said, we never called it that.

When I got engaged, we fed my roommates all dinner, but it wasn't steak, so I guess we were kind of a cop out undecided.gif . But I always thought it was a fun tradition!

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2008 - 10:20am / Post ID: #

Lds Engagement Party Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: marbles

Comments: that's not an engagement party. That's just a party. More specifically, thats just a steak dinner. Engagement parties are way better, because rather than feeding people steak, the couple receives presents smile.gif an engagement party is a formal event where you invite the same people who you would invite to the wedding. it's like a mini reception. They don't seem popular in american mormon culture, maybe because you guys aren't engaged long enough to handle throwing a party, and maybe because you seem to have a lot of open houses in various states after your wedding receptions.

> TOPIC: Lds Engagement Party

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,