The Lost Tribes Of Israel - Page 3 of 4

QUOTE (morjam @ 23-Dec 07, 7:42 PM) Recently - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Jun, 2008 - 7:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2007 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

The Lost Tribes Of Israel
A Friend

The Lost Tribes Of Israel - Page 3

I have done lots of research on the lost ten tribes, and have come up with a theory that I think explains all of this about why people from Russia are getting blessings like these. The ancient records that show where the ten tribes ended up after the time that they were taken captive to Assyria and the cities of the Medes answers these questions.
The short answer is, the main body never left and are still in that region.

Reconcile Message Edited...
LDS_forever: PLEASE do not post external links for the purpose of people visiting your site. Read our constructive policy.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2007 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Israel Tribes Lost The

I agree. They went to the North Countries. Besides that, there have already been some gathering happening among others in the rest of the world, especially in the tribe of Dan, according to my reading.

Post Date: 24th Dec, 2007 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Lost Tribes Of Israel Studies Doctrine Mormon

I always believed that the lost 10 tribes of Israel were a literal people hidden from us to come forth at a future time. Recently I have read in a book and article online that this concept is mere a mormon myth. That these tribes are among us and the gathering is done by missionary work and baptism into the church. I was left pretty confused and with many questions. My support for my belief are the following. 1: The resurrected Savior told the nephites he was going to visit the lost tribes. We have no history or account of this visit. 2: Doctrine & covenants 133 speaks of the lost tribe returning from the northern countries and that their prophets would smite the ice create a sort of highway. 3: Joseph Smith in modern revelation saw that John the Beloved was sent to teach to the lost tribes. 4: I forget what book. Articles of faith? Elder Talmage explains how in the apocrypha it talks how during the captivity to Babylon a group escaped and decided to head north to another country to start over and serve the Lord.
I'm curious now to know what is every one else's opinion? or any statements with the churches official stance?

Post Date: 24th Dec, 2007 - 8:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Israel Tribes Lost The

While I don't have any proof of this, I have always felt it would (or could) be a combination of the two methods of gathering. There very well may be a people hidden from us. The other gathering through missionary work is already occurring.

I'll have to look into it a bit further....

26th Dec, 2007 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Israel Tribes Lost The

Hidden from us in what way? If you are adopting all walks of life into tribes via baptism then that is hidden from the world, not so?

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2008 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

QUOTE (Zelph @ 9-Jan 06, 1:19 AM)
In Sunday School my teacher said that in Russia, when someone receives their patriarchical blessings they are told that they are from one of the Lost Tribes of Israel. Has anyone ever heard this, do you have some link or G.A. telling us this? I need help on this. It has disturbed me, I believe this is in complete contriction to Prophecy in my opinion.

It means the same thing in Russia as it does in the states.. When the Patriarch receives revelation for you he tells you which of the 2 tribes of the house of Joseph who was brother of Benjamin who had his own tribe. The tribes take the name of Joseph's sons Manasseh or Ephraim. We believe in a restoration of this linage. The current Jews believe them self to be descendants of the house of Judah. Lehi was from the tribe of Manasseh. In 2 Nephi 3 Lehi stated that there would be a latter-day Prophet named Joseph and he would descend from the house of Joseph. (and his father would also be named Joseph) We of course believe this prophecy to be filled in Joseph Smith and thus a restoration of those 2 tribes specifically occurred. Our view of the spirit world and pre-existence leads us to come to the conclusion that God reserved those spirits who would hear the restored gospel and through revelation revealed that we are part of the lost tribes of Israel.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Mar, 2008 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Lost Tribes Israel - Page 3

We should probably keep in mind that, technically, Ephraim is a lost tribe. Thus the teaching that the Doctrine & Covenants is a book from the lost tribes.

John Taylor in Mediation & Atonement said that there are enough lost tribes on the earth to fill the requirement for 12,000 from each tribe as required in the Book of Revelation to make up the 144,000.

I also believe that the greater part of the lost tribes are in space. They will return as parts of the earth return, such as the city of Enoch. At this time the ice will flow down at their presence, and they will march, led by Joseph Smith to conquer the enemies of the Lord's people.

For the Outer Space theories, see The Footstool of God by Rodney Turner, among other great sources.

I'm excited to see the signs of the times being fulfilled, such as the finding of the lost tribes. Bring it on!

3rd Jun, 2008 - 7:55am / Post ID: #

The Lost Tribes Israel Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

QUOTE (morjam @ 23-Dec 07, 7:42 PM)
Recently I have read in a book and article online that this concept is mere a mormon myth. That these tribes are among us and the gathering is done by missionary work and baptism into the church. I was left pretty confused and with many questions.

Do you happen to remember what book you read this in (or article)? The reason I ask is because I had the same experience and was puzzled by it but then must of forgot until I was reading the thread and came across your post.

I would like to re-read it after reading this thread and see if anything new is there that I didn't see before.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: The Lost Tribes Of Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,