The Lost Tribes Of Israel - Page 2 of 4

That is the first I have heard of the patriarch's - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th May, 2007 - 5:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
1st Dec, 2006 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

The Lost Tribes Of Israel - Page 2

Zelph said:

I don't understand myself, but logically if you are of the tribe of Joseph, which son are you from?

I know people that have had this blessing, as I instructed them. If it says you are from the tribe of Joseph, then that means that you are of the Tribe of Ephriam.

Not necessarily. You can be either from Manasseh or Ephraim.

JoJo said:

I have a friend who received his blessing, and was told he was from the lineage of Abraham

We are all descendants of Abraham through adoption. That's probably what the Patriarch meant.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2007 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

The Lost Tribes Of Israel
A Friend

Israel Tribes Lost The

I served my mission in Asia. A couple people recieved there blessing and even in Asia most were from Joseph. I did have one companion who was from Sri Lanka were I served and he was from Dan. undecided.gif

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2007 - 5:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Lost Tribes Of Israel Studies Doctrine Mormon

I served under the Patriarch in my last Stake (as his transcriber), I have a bit of info. that I think may apply here. As for the Russian person being told they are from one of the lost tribes, that may have been said, but at the very least, they would've most certainly have had their lineage declared through Joseph, since Both Ephraim & Manasseh are the most commonly referred to. As for the question of being informed that you are of another tribe, I have seen people in the Church from the tribes of Benjamin, Dan, Ephraim, and Mannesseh. I have heard that there are also other tribes that have been mentioned, but the preceeding are the ones that I know of FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. Keep this in mind, many of the tribes are intermingled (mixed blood), when a Patriarch tells a person from which tribe they are from, it has to be revealed to him which blood has a greater portion within the individual. For instance, you could have 51% Benjamin, & 49% Dan, the Patriarch will tell you that you are from the tribe of Benjamin since the majority of your bloodline runs through him.
Hope this helps.

8th Jan, 2007 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Israel Tribes Lost The

byersjen, thanks for sharing your experience particularly the part of the percentages. When I was given my Patriarchal blessing, the Patriarch said something to the effect "Manna..(like wanted to say Mannasseh) and then stopped for few seconds and said with a strong conviction, Ephraim. I always wondered that.

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2007 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Israel Tribes Lost The

My blessing says that I am from the tribes of Ephraim and Dan.

1st Apr, 2007 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Go Cougs, what do you mean by Ephraim and Dan? Or you are either one or the other. Do you mind to explain? Thanks.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd May, 2007 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Lost Tribes Israel - Page 2

Interesting topic and I do have some insight on this. First, I also am personally acquainted with someone from the tribe of Dan. I also know someone who is of the tribe of Judah.

As far as the Russia comments, they are true. My Bishop and another couple in our ward know the mission president in Siberia. Our Stake Patriarch knows the patriarch for that area. I have had personal discussions with my Bishop and this couple and heard in talks from our patriarch and members of our stake presidency stating that the patriarch in the area says that ALL the tribes have been represented in the many blessings he has given.

The gathering of the Ten Tribes is definitely upon us.

24th May, 2007 - 5:02am / Post ID: #

The Lost Tribes Israel Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

That is the first I have heard of the patriarch's finding anyone from a lost tribe. I wonder if they would publish that in the Ensign? I think most Mormons would want to know if they found someone from all the tribes, especially from a lost tribe. They say statistically almost all the people are from Ephraim or Mannasseh with a few exceptions. That it is our time.

It is also interesting to note that is about as north as you could get. There was something about the tribes from the north. I figured it would be the Mormons that were left after the third of the population perishing and that they would teach the people on the southern continents. I also thought that just maybe the Mormons are in a since a new tribe of God.

That probably should scare us since that probably means we are closer to the end times than I thought. I worry about my daughter having to endure the hardships.

Mathman

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: The Lost Tribes Of Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,