ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

- D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Jul, 2013 - 7:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

24th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (105) »
Posts: 834 - Views: 34388
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
8th Jun, 2013 - 10:00am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Game Master says...

ICon's Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue


Map of the Inner Sea Region

This thread is for approved characters to begin posting. Your current location has been posted in the Character thread.

You begin play mulling over a charter you have been handed only hour ago by a local councillor's steward. It reads:

"Be it so known that the bearer of this charter has been charged by the Swordlords of Restov, acting upon the greater good and authority vested within them by the office of the Regent of the Dragonscale Throne, has granted the right of exploration and travel within the wilderness region known as the Greenbelt. Exploration should be limited to an area no further than thirty-six miles east and west and sixty miles south of Oleg's Trading Post. The carrier of this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful behaviour to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentant banditry remains, as always, execution by sword or rope. So witnessed on this 24th day of Calistril, under watchful eye of the Lordship of Restov and authority granted by Lord Noleski Surtova, current Regent of the Dragonscale Throne."

The steward mentioned that you are expected at Oleg's Trading Post on the 31st of Calistril, where the current time is the morning of the 28th.

Rather off topic, but...
"This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com."



Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2013 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Theaton looks around the docks as he waits for the others to come down and get ready to go. He wonders what this day and week will bring him.

13th Jul, 2013 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

The barge you are planning to go on is clearly visible from the one window of the inn and being loaded with crates. The boat itself is quite flat and sits low in the water, with a small cabin built towards the rear. Some crates are already loaded as well as an oddly shaped object under a white canvas. The captain is standing on top of the cabin, directing his men, and your employer is on the dock, parchment and quill in hand. Next to him stands a broad-chested pale man dressed in furs, whom you have never seen before, and suspect is from Brevoy, the country of your destination.

Nobody you know is accompanying you on this journey, there are many faces you haven't seen before among the crew.



Post Date: 15th Jul, 2013 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Theaton will head down to the barge and see if the captain is about ready to shove off and begin his next part of his journey.

15th Jul, 2013 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Approaching the vessel, you judge it to be 50 feet long and 15 feet wide. The cabin only takes up 10 by 10 feet.

"Aye," The captain replies in the typical drawl of a seafarer. "We'll be casting off after these three crates and as soon Bohdin approves." He points at your employer.

Sure enough, ten minutes minutes later, the captains shouts "Crates" Bohdin points a thumbs up, "Guards" Bohdin points at you, a black haired human in chain, and a half-orc wearing leather and too many daggers, then points his thumb up. The captain shouts again "Elves" And Bohdin points out the two elves, a woman in robes and the other a man in wooden armour, and points a thumbs up. Bohdin turns to walk away without a word as the captain shouts "Pleasure doing business! Let's cast off men!"

The strong man in furs watches from the dock. The 4 sailors in dirty clothes start undoing the knots, bring up the gangplank and one takes the rudder as the others take long poles and push the barge across the lake towards the mouth of the river. This slow form of movement takes the remainder of the afternoon, before the barge is beached at the mouth of the Sellen River for the night.

Rather off topic, but...
Just in case you wanted to talk to multiple passengers or do something on the boat. Feel free to just ask the questions you want and provide Diplomacy rolls to gather information or roleplay it.
Canabusis' character will start posting in this thread but your characters have not met.



15th Jul, 2013 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Shivas, Looks up from her work, a soft smile touches her face as she recognizes Gallian. " What do you have there that is so important that you forget your manners and lack a proper greeting?" Shivas chuckles softly watching Gallian's excitement.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Jul, 2013 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Theaton will introduce himself to the other guards. He will tell them were he is from and hopes that our duty is boring.

Out of Character: While he does not mind a good fight he does not always go looking for it either.

16th Jul, 2013 - 7:51am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive

Game Master says...

Canabusis:
"Greetings are for nobles, with plenty of time lazing about their manors," Replies Gallian. He doesn't dismount as he tosses you a rolled parchment. "Here, it seems that Restov is expanding it's reach. The Swordlords are restless and may make a move for the throne. The same throne that the Surtova traitor is warming. Of course, the Swordlords are also a traitorous group."

The letter is the charter in the first post, he waits for you to read it.

"I thought you might be interested since your parents always talked about reclaiming the land for the elves. Maybe if I help, they'll finally learn to accept half-elves too."

KNtoran
The black haired man introduces himself as Val and replies, "Good to have you on the team, but you can't keep that attitude. If you're on lookout and you start to drift, BAM! That's when they strike!" His eyes dart left and right. "We get to rest on this job though, the sailors are watching out, and we need all our energy for the fights, if they happen."

The half-orc doesn't want to talk, he just turns and walks away.

The first night passes as you all sleep on deck, except for the captain in his small cabin. The next morning the poles are brought out again and the cart pushed against the river's current for an hour, before a stableman with 3 horses hands them over to be tied up with the barge's ropes. The horses pull the barge from the left side of the river.

Over the day you notice the five barges going the opposite way are propelled only by river current, but your barge toils against it. The sailors keep watch, exerting no effort on the barge, and Val spars with a crate using a stick. He challenges the elf a few times and is quickly bested by the elf's flowing style. The half-orc sits and lazes in the shade of a crate.

Could I get a default action while Theaton passes the time over the 13 day trip?

Attached Image Edited: iCon on 16th Jul, 2013 - 7:59am





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.