Is Your Day Care Safe?

Is Day Care Safe - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 20th Feb, 2006 - 9:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Do you know some of the possible diseases that your child may be exposed to when you take her to the day care?
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2006 - 1:10am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Is Your Day Care Safe?

DAYCARE CENTRE IS HEPATITIS LINK

A Ferrymead childcare centre is the source of the hepatitis A outbreak that has infected 21 people in Christchurch since last month.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3539756a10~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2006 - 5:31am / Post ID: #

Is Your Day Care Safe?
A Friend

Safe Care Day Is

It doesn't matter how clean and sanitary a day care may be, there is always the risk of illnesses and other things to be passed around. It doesn't necessarily say anything bad about the day care and the way their health regulations function. My day care is very clean, but we still have girls who show up with lice and such. I feel bad for the people who are affected by this particular disease, and I hope things get cleaned up for their sake.

I am kind of concerned and taken by surprise that they kept the day care open. They said their reasoning is that disease has already spread, so there's really no point. That, to me, is taking a flippant attitude. They should close the day care at least for a few days to have the staff checked out, and they should makes sure that all the kids are checked out. Once everybody is cleared, or when they're cleared, they then need to be allowed to return. Keeping it open and not monitering who is entering and leaving will prevent the situation from getting any better.

19th Feb, 2006 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Is Your Day Care Safe? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I too am surprised that this has been allowed to go on so long without shutting the day care centre down!
I am not however, surprised so much at all the illnesses/diseases that do go around at day care centres. I work with children, and you'd be surprised at how often I hear for example-- "oh, Billy has had really bad diarrhoea this morning, but I thought I'd send him into day care as he seems alright in himself" or
"He's got a bit of sickness, but he's still running around, so I thought he'd be better off at nursery, or he would soon get bored at home."
A lot of the time, in my opinion, the parents know that their child is ill before they take them to the day care, but either for their own selfish reasons, or for the fact that it would be too much hastle to arrange an alternative arrangement, the parents carry on sending the children in.Therefore it creates a vicious circle, and everybody who attends the day care, winds up being ill, including the staff!

20th Feb, 2006 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Safe Care Day Is

Part of the problem too is that the kids in the daycare are not exposed just to other kids in the daycare. Many of them have older siblings in public school who become ill, the parents encounter illnesses at work and shopping, pumping gas, etc. My daughter contracted strep throat as a very young child in daycare, under two she was, and that is unusual. It's just a fact of life, if you have your young children in organized activities of any kind, they will be exposed to germs they wouldn't normally come into contact with until they are older. Cie la vie!

20th Feb, 2006 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

Safe Care Day Is

This is one of many reasons that I think daycare is a bad long-term solution. I completely understand that sometimes both parents need to work and daycare is the only option, but when you look at the cost of daycare, plus the cost of additional healthcare and psychological and educational support that may easily have been avoided by having the child raised primarily by a parent, the extra income may not be worth it. I feel the same way about nursing homes. Disease spreads too easily among people from various backgrounds and health histories when they are forced to spend all day in close quarters.

20th Feb, 2006 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

Is Your Day Care Safe?

I am trying homeschooling my child right now and I can recall only once getting sick since he is home! but when he used to go to pre-school or day care...it was almost every day he was sick! It was so frustrating. I believe teachers should not allow kids to come to day care if they are or look sick.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Is Your Day Care Safe?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,