Voice Over While Dungeon Mastering - Page 2 of 3

Name: Steel Country: Comments: You don't - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 15th Oct, 2017 - 3:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 
Discuss  Voice Over While Dungeon Mastering Altering your voice to sound like the NPC for a better effect while tabletop role-play gaming.
2nd Jul, 2013 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Voice Over While Dungeon Mastering - Page 2

Almost all the Dungeon Masters I have played with have done voices for unusual races but I've found that goblins and kobolds end up sounding similar and once I got the two confused. So far only one Dungeon Master has done dialects of human languages and did a very convincing job.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jul, 2013 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

Mastering Dungeon While Voice

You had to guess the creature based on the voice or you're just saying that he mixed the two. I'm surprised all the Dungeon Masters you've been with did this, how many Dungeon Masters are we talking about?

3rd Jul, 2013 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

Voice Over While Dungeon Mastering Reviews RPG & Card Board

Let's see, 2 for Dungeons & Dragons fourth edition encounters, one from Warhammer fantasy, one from Dark Heresy (Mostly the orcs in the warhammer universes), 3 with Pathfinder society organised play at conventions, and one from a Pathfinder home game. So all 7 Game masters I've had did voices even if I only played a single session with them.

4th Jul, 2013 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Mastering Dungeon While Voice

Strange is this unique to Australian Role-playing Game groups or am I just hanging with the wrong people? laugh.gif

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 11:34am / Post ID: #

Voice Over While Dungeon Mastering
A Friend

Mastering Dungeon While Voice

So, I can see doing this for a critical exchange. If the Dungeon Master does this sparingly it would to the game I think. If the Dungeon Master does it all the time it would become a distraction and annoying as many of you said.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 25th Sep, 2017 - 11:35am

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I am one that is very glad I do not the ability to do voice overs. I am not talented in the speaking of tongues and was never one to try it much.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Voice While Dungeon Mastering - Page 2

I don't really like voice overs. Most Dungeon Masters can't do them well and it takes away from the scene. That is a perk to play by post games. You use your imagination instead of having to pretend that your Dungeon Master using a horrible orc voice is actually the orc Npc.

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2017 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

Voice While Dungeon Mastering Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

Name: Steel

Comments: You don't even have to do a voice over, just imagine a Dungeon Master with a really squeaky or whiny voice trying to describe things. Its like hearing chalk screech on a blackboard (For those of you who remember those).

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Voice Over While Dungeon Mastering

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,