Did Dragons Really Exist?

Did Dragons Exist - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 17th Feb, 2006 - 2:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2006 - 4:48am / Post ID: #

Do you believe that Dragons really did once exist? Was it during the time of the Dinosaurs? Why aren't they here today?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2006 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Exist Dragons Did

Disclaimer:
This is my own personal opinion, not a statement of fact backed up by any scientific data whatsoever.

Dragons do not exist. Dragons never existed. Dragons are the collective left over memorys of when dinosaurs ruled the earth. Like the mythic characters of the Greek world, man has continually seen dinosaur bones and bones of other unknown animals and used their imagination to build that animal. Things like elephant skulls can look like a human skull with a huge eye and giant tusks coming out of the mouth. Any number of dinosaur and large lizard remains can look like a dragon. I think that the imagination, coupled with passed down stories, leads to the creation of these mythic creatures we now call dragons.

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2006 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Did Dragons Really Exist? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Although Kon here is correct about the creation of the dragon myth not long ago I have seen a show about dragons on the National Geographic Channel the end statement of the show was that dragons could have been real creatures but they never existed however we might not find dragons but many scientists are sure that there is high probability that we find a dragon like creature

13th Feb, 2006 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

Exist Dragons Did

Its hard for us to truly say if dragons existed or not, I mean this even get's into the whole creationalism debate, that although we can show with science what we have found, there is still much out there that we do not know and have not found, which leave's us thinking what do we believe. Should we believe what vauge history has told us (such as the bible or story's of dragons passed down) or do we believe the small amount of evidence (compared to the big picture) that we have found. I mean there most certainly were flying lizard like creature's. Also with many dinosaurs closely related to now a day birds, the chances of something that was in between is not to far fetched. I mean they even just recently found a feathered T-rex descendent. Thats just my take on it, I guess I'm sort of agnostic when it comes to dragon's. What do you guys think?

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2006 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Exist Dragons Did

Delyth you are right but you need to remember that there is no way we are going to find a true fire breathing dragon like in the myths because there was no evolutionary need to develop such traits however we might find small flying dragons or big crawling dragons also don't forget there are many versions of dragons there are the european dragons: four legged bat winged fire breathing creatures and there are the easter dragons: long serpent hovering in the air.

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2006 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Never say never

There are so many geographical and historical facts that are being revealed so many thousand years after the fact...Would you have believed that Dinosaur existed if there was not proof? - So why is it so hard to believe that Dragons existed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Feb, 2006 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Did Dragons Exist

My beleif is that dragons as a mythological creature, ie fire breathing lizard, with almost human intelligence, are just that a thing of myth. Lizards with wings and legs seem to a genetic oversight, so in that, I suspect we will never discover nor evolve a 'dragon'. Genetic tampering aside there will never be a true draogn, and that's a real shame...

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2006 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Did Dragons Exist Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

In my opinion:

Lizards with wings do exist but dragons are unlikely from an evolutionary standpoint.

Let's take the usual western view of a dragon. It has six limbs and breathes fire. Not likely because there is no evolutionary equivalent of either quality.

I could understand a creature with two legs and clawed wings+shoots electricity. (Like say an electric eel)

That would be more plausible although it would be rather small (no bigger then say an archaeopteryx or a modern day bat) .

Plus it could probably be at least semi aquatic and do more swimming then flying (gliding?) but still.

True flight would need a warm blooded, bird-like creature.

As for the legend of intelligent dragons the siye of a dinosaur? I'd believe they were aliens or dimension hoppers before believing they evolved on earth as we know it.

(I could and have been wrong about things before. Anything is possible in my opinion. All dragons reading this should drop by and visit me.)

Reconcile Edited: Alrissa on 17th Feb, 2006 - 2:51pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Did Dragons Really Exist?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,