Prophet Muhammad - Page 3 of 10

Why are they burning US flags all of a sudden? - Page 3 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 18th Feb, 2006 - 6:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »
Prophet Muhammad Quotes محمد بن عبد الله بن عبد المطلب - Prophet Mohammad - His face? The cartoon? The reaction? Muslim Prophet - Islamic Prophet
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2006 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Prophet Muhammad - Page 3

ISLAMIC SCHOLAR WHO DISSEMINATED CARTOONS OF PROPHET SPEAKS OUT

The Danish Islamic scholar who brought cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad to the attention of Muslim leaders around the world says he was only trying to boost his campaign to get an apology from the Danish newspaper that first published them.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...8-cartoons.html

Sponsored Links:
10th Feb, 2006 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Muhammad Prophet

I was thinking about this topic today, and realized that I never really explained my position and feelings on this, but only reacted to the topic in a short and incomplete manner.

I can completely understand the frustration that many (most?) Muslims may feel about the comics being published. I can even understand anger. I have experienced FAR worse insults to my religion, to my Prophet, to my faith than any of these cartoons possibly offer towards Islam.

However, I have never heard of ANY Mormon leader urging people to even go so far as to write a letter to the editor of a newspaper that has published insulting things about my Church. If a Christian leader ever even suggests a boycott of a newspaper, magazine, or business for its anti-Christian activities, thousands of fellow Christians jump up and tell that leader to mind his own business. Certainly, if one ever encouraged violence in any form, that leader would be roundly condemned.

But what have we seen here? Muslim leaders in England are publicly claiming that the artist who drew that comic (the one with Muhammad wearing a bomb in his turban) should be publicly tried and executed under Islamic law!

But that person is a citizen of Denmark! He doesn't live under Islamic law, does he?

That is the problem that I see, and the one that I have tried to express so often. Most people think that all of this "radical" Islam sentiment really only deals with the Middle East. But it doesn't. Islam is 'destined' to rule the world, according to the religion. All people are to submit to its rule, even if they aren't Muslim. That is the true meaning of Dhimmi. And that is exactly what the US and Europe have shown to the Muslim world that they are willing to be.

Why was the Danish embassy burned? Why was a demonstration held against the US military in Afghanistan? Why are the Muslims in London demonstrating and calling for violence? All for a private individual, and a specific newspaper who honestly expressed their position regarding the growing dangers of Islam in Europe. This is something that cannot be tolerated. It isn't the specific comic that causes the emotion, but the fact that the governments didn't immediately bow to Sharia law and punish the individual and the newspaper for breaking Sharia law.

Islam cannot abide liberty and freedom. Particularly, they cannot abide freedom of religion, expression, or the press - all those things enshrined in the 1st Amendment to the US Constitution. If those liberties are available, then it means that Muslims can decide to become Christians, Jews, Hindus, or any other religion. It means that people can publicly discuss things that they find inconsistent in their religion, culture, or even families. Since such discussions can lead to people changing their minds about the religion, that is what most disturbs so many Muslim clerics and leaders.

Now, we hear that Hezbollah, leading a protest of hundreds of thousands of people in Syria, is protesting that President Bush is claiming that Syria and Iran are the forces behind all this contention. They are protesting the fact that President Bush thinks that these countries are stirring things up! Are they protesting the innocence of these countries? No. They are telling Bush to, in their words, "Shut UP!" Stop the speech. Not discuss the ideas.

https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060209/ap_on_...et_drawings_149

That is, in my opinion, what all this fuss is about.

10th Feb, 2006 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad Islam Studies

Something disturbing that I heard yesterday. A Muslim person who was also in the media (I apologize for not knowing his full credentials), when asked about the rebuttal where cartoons of Hitler and Anne Frank in bed together were published, stated that this was in no way even close to the apparent defamation of the prophet Muhammad. I understand that the Muslims have their traditions and feel that what was done was an insult to their religion, but for a spokesman of theirs to claim that this new cartoon on the Holocaust is petty, is wrong, in my opinion.

10th Feb, 2006 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Muhammad Prophet

Here is some more related news.

https://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus....R20060210b.html
UK Muslims Call for Changes in Law and Media Guidelines

At the meeting, the MAC also called for the code of conduct of the Press Complaints Commission (PCC) to be tightened to prevent publishing of any images of Mohammed.

The commission is an independent body which deals with complaints from the public about the editorial content of newspapers and magazines. It administers a self-regulatory code of conduct, aimed at giving the industry a set of guiding principles.

The meeting chairman, Sheikh Faiz Saddiqi, said the PCC code was meant to ensure that the media treated people with respect. Respect should be shown to Muslims, who find depictions of Mohammed offensive, he said.

This issue appears to be bringing out agendas all over the place. Now, in England, the Muslims want to be able to prosecute anyone for criticizing or insulting their religion, but want to deny those rights to Christians anywhere!

10th Feb, 2006 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

Muhammad Prophet

I think most of us cannot fully comprehend what it is all this fuss about, but for Muslims it is a very serious issue and I think it should be respected (even if we cannot understand it) but I agree with Nighthawk's last statement, they cannot expect to persecute those who offend their religion and deny the rest of of the world of the same right.

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2006 - 12:11pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Prophet Muhammad

MUHAMMAD WOULD DECRY ALL THIS VIOLENCE

Violence that has ensued in Europe over the publication of cartoons depicting the prophet Muhammad would never be sanctioned by the revered religious leader, according to a local Muslim, who decried not only the rioting, but also the images and the lack of respect for the sacred he said they represent.
Ref. deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Feb, 2006 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad - Page 3

From what I gathered on todays local television news via BBC - there is up to a US$1,000,000 bounty (Pakistan) for the head of the Danish cartoonist who drew the caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed, this was announced by a Imam of Islam. I wonder if he, the cartoonist, will now go in hiding?

18th Feb, 2006 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad Studies Islam - Page 3

Why are they burning US flags all of a sudden? What link is there to the US and what happened in Denmark and other European countries? This is just more evidence that there is no rhyme or reason to most of the protests; it's just random violence against anyone.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Prophet Muhammad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,