Obesity: Social Or Personal Problem? - Page 2 of 4

Obesity's causes, repercussions continue - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 18th Mar, 2014 - 2:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
  Obesity Social Personal Problem
21st Jan, 2011 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

Obesity: Social Or Personal Problem? - Page 2

Although Obesity is first of all a mental problem, and I'm not talking about crazy, there are social factors that add to it... Mostly environment. For instance if you are around other obese people you tend to put on more weight. That's why when parents are obese you see their kids obese as well.

Sponsored Links:
19th May, 2012 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

Problem Personal Social Obesity

I think obesity is a bit of both social influence and lack of control. It has a lot to do with how you were raised as well. If you're parents 'trained' you to eat everything and more then you will grow up with that habit

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2012 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Obesity: Social Or Personal Problem? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Name: Bec

Title: Personal

Comments: There is fast food available cheap and easy.Is it that hard to cook yourself something at home. I think it really comes down to will power. I know I go get fast food when I am lazy but I make sure I exercise. You cant blame fast food places when it is your choice to go there. It is also your choice if you want to be healthy.No one is forcing you to go buy there food. Even if you do get fast food you don't need to up-size even if it is a good deal. Its all your choices and if you cant help but go there then I really think its your own fault if you put on weight.

23rd Oct, 2012 - 7:23am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Problem Personal Social Obesity

In my opinion is both social and personal. But is on the social level that the challenge becomes overwhelming. With good will and sacrifices a person can prevale over laziness or greed but what can this individual do to change a whole system? The US have been an example for the fight against tabagism, obtaining remarkable results. Obviously, is not possible to undertake the same policies with fast foods. But maybe adopting stricter rules on alimentary products (quantity of preservatives, max fat percentages, nutritional levels) can help. I don't know if it makes sense, is just an idea.

15th Apr, 2013 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Problem Personal Social Obesity

I see it this way, it starts socially but then it ends up a personal problem. Usually its when you are too big that you come to terms with what has gotten you there. By then its too late to do something immediately that will have an instant effect hence so many struggle with their weight.

17th Jul, 2013 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Obesity: Social Or Personal Problem?

I think it is usually both a social problem and a personal problem, this could be the lack of control too. The people who have these kind of problems should go and get some psychological treatment to get over this. Plus countries like the US should increase their prices in food just a bit higher just to encourage people not to eat so much food for nothing.

Rather off topic, but...
Right here in Trinidad and Tobago there is a lot of people who cannot just have control of what they are eating and they are obese as well! And the strange part of that is that the food prices here is so expensive! And they don't care, they will keep on going on putting on more weight.

Reconcile Edited: Felipe on 17th Jul, 2013 - 2:08pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Oct, 2013 - 7:50am / Post ID: #

Obesity Social Personal Problem - Page 2

Food Portions Double In Size In Two Decades As Charity Warns Supermarkets Are out Of Control
UK News

Despite the deepening obesity crisis portion sizes are now double the size they were in 1993, a new study by the British Heart Foundation reveals.
Source

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2014 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Obesity Social Personal Problem Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

Obesity's causes, repercussions continue to be topics of research, debate

New obesity research not only provides more reasons for the obesity epidemic, but points to its cost and effects. Ref. Source 3

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Obesity: Social Or Personal Problem?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,